Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing with chemo

3 REPLIES 3
Jude1962

Re: Dancing with chemo

Hi Sammy

Thanks for your kind words, I found writing the blog really helped me mentally accept what had been diagnosed although as I’d not had symptoms or been ill I never felt that I’d had cancer. It definitely helped me get through the chemo in particular!

It sounds like you have had a tough time though having to cope with 2 different cancers & retrospective treatments. It’s not easy but it makes you realise what you can get though when you have no choice

Good luck with the radiotherapy, I found it went very quickly when you have to go every weekday. Don’t expect too much of yourself when the radiotherapy finishes as it takes a bit of time to get back to where you were pre diagnosis. The summer plans sound good

I started running in January (couch to 5k) with the aim of running a Race for life 5k in June, literally 1 step at a time & am going on a fab holiday next week to Mexico - probably wouldn’t have booked it pre cancer so every cloud...

Take care x

Sammy60

Hi,

Love your blog, particularly aware of that dilemma when people say hi, how are you!  No right answer really is there.

Hope you're gradually getting your energy back and doing all those things you love. Think its great to be positive, coz this cancer malarkey can be draining. 

My journey started last summer when I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer, then a CT scan set off another referral resulting with diagnosis second cancer in breast. Have now had hysterectomy plus bits, 5 weeks radiotherapy, breast lumpectomy and now waiting for breast radiotherapy to start. 

Keep thinking summer will be here soon, and I will have finished all the treatments so soon be back to the beach, playing tennis and life as it should be. 

We must look forwards to fun in the future x

Jude1962

Moved to sharing blogs
Jude1962