cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We Are All Strong And Brave.

7 REPLIES 7
delly

Re: We Are All Strong And Brave.

@Cumbrian Lady  - Wellies for fairies? Ha Ha 😄 I LOVE pantos too. Enjoy them more as an adult(???) I was always too shy as a kid, to shout out along "He's behind You" and "Boo, hissss". Now I'm often the first to! An embarrassment to anyone else in my company 😆 But I don't care. They're great fun. I'd have been in my element if I'd had kids or grandkids - would have had someone nearer my "own age" to play with!!! 😉

Lots of love to everyone  xX❤️Xx

Cumbrian Lady

Winnie the Pooh, Rupert Bear, Secret Five, Scooby Doo I love all those books, and if there is a TV programme I am there with my slippers and popcorn, and as for fairies (well of course they exist) I leave little pairs of wellies out for them so they can keep their feet dry.
Keep the child in you alive it's so much fun😁

Poppy xx

Evie-S
Community Champion

@delly - hi to you too, I always love reading your uplifting messages too. Keep them coming! Love Evie xx

delly

@Cumbrian Lady  - Yes, I totally agree with Evie - that's a Lovely post from you Poppy, darlin'. Some very wise, BRAVE and bold words of wisdom, feelings and thoughts. And importantly . . . HONESTY about how you've struggled - none of it at all SILLY.   Well done you for it. You're a good support on here. Keep on kickin that BC in the BUTT, sweetheart. ❤️ 

Evie - Hi again flower. I'm still such a big kid at heart. Watch all sorts of kiddy films/cartoons when I want cheering up, so I'm not ashamed to admit, I Love Winnie the Pooh!! 😄

Lots of love to you ladies, and to anyone else looking in   Delly xX❤️Xx  

Evie-S
Community Champion

@Cumbrian Lady 

Poppy, thank you for your very kind words. I really love to read “words of wisdom” or sayings and your message was timed perfectly on a wet Saturday afternoon. As you say, it is so important to remember that we are all unique and will find our own way through this, without comparing ourselves with others.

My favourite quote is the Winnie the Pooh one “Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you feel and smarter than you think”.

Happy Saturday eve to you. Evie xx

Cumbrian Lady

@Evie-S 

Thank you so much for your lovely reply.
In those early days of my treatment, I would come here and read how other ladies were coping with it all.
When I read how some seemed to be able to continue as normal through the chemo part which was encouraging, as well as a little soul-destroying as I was mainly going to bed to A k to keep warm and B to sleep and lose myself in TV movies.
When the penny did finally drop that it did not matter how I did it, just do it and make sure to come out the other end, a load was lifted off my shoulders (silly I know).
That we are ALL different and able to find our own unique way through all of our treatment is all that matters.
The sharing of our experience is priceless it also made me realise we all have those same fears even though we may well keep them hidden from those close to us.

Anyway, thank you Evie and a HUGE thank you to all of you ladies you are amazing.

Poppy xx

PS I did nothing marvellous through Covid 😁 outside keep safe...

Evie-S
Community Champion

@Cumbrian Lady - Poppy, what a lovely post. So very true, wise words for us all to consider. I felt a bit like that through Covid lockdowns - that I should have achieved something amazing, but I hadn’t. Best wishes and hugs to you. Evie xx

Cumbrian Lady

We Are All Strong And Brave.

Not sure where to put this really but anyway.
I have been a member on here for over a year like most on here I found this site when I was diagnosed with breast cancer.
I read a lot of posts, I comment on a fair few all in all the forum makes me feel less alone.
I know there are a lot of people with cancer who seem to be able to carry on with their life (before their diagnosis) I sometimes read these posts and feel totally inadequate - a wuss (or I did back then in the early days before I saw the light).
Cancer is personal to each and every one of us, no two people can or will react the same to either the diagnosis or the treatment. I have come to see we are ALL incredibly strong brave ladies irrespective of our age. Off we go for our treatment wondering what next, how will we feel tomorrow, but you know what we face that next day and the one after that with only ourselves really knowing how we feel (we are amazing).
That is all I wanted to say really, we do not need to juggle plates in the air, paint a masterpiece walk from Lands End to John o Groats, (I spent a lot of my chemo in bed and asleep) but I did it, had the op followed by the rads, just do it your own way ladies❤️ it's not how you get there that is important - it's the getting there.

Poppy xx