breast cancer

Hi l am new here just been told l have got breast cancer  still not got my head round it  don’t know how l feel about it apart from why me but then l guess we all say that just so unfair. 

Can any one give me a positive  out come they can share l am trying to positive as l can but it is not easy although l will stay positive even though l am so scared. 

I will need a operation don’t know what is going happens after that or how big my op will be  but got a good family round me.  l know you don’t know me but thank you for taking thr time to read this post. 

3 Likes

Dear Nicelady

So pleased you have come to the forum, we have all been there and now were here for you. This is a lovely group please keep posting and opening up about yourself. also feeling scared is very natural, you have had a terrible shock.

In the next week or so, you should have a plan put together by the hospital outlining  your treatment plan, you will then know where you’re going, pleased to read that you’re positive and you have a good family around you, which is so important. I always say take one day at a time, 

Wishing you well going forward, come back at let us know how your getting on 

biggest hugs Tili :rainbow: :rainbow:

Sorry you had to join this club!

It’s always useful to say how old you are and when you got the diagnosis and what it is, as then others can relate more closely with you and respond in the right way. 

It is not the death sentence it used to be-I’m 78 and when I was diagnosed Sep 21 following an elective mammo as I’m past the age for the National screening programme-but I ALWAYS attended when I got my appointment! Mine was very early, too small to be felt and only showed as a few calcifications! 

When I first attended the local hospital for my first appointment, I was staggered by the number of people-women and men in the waiting room! It is so common now, but the hospitals generally have the whole procedure down to a fine art, and the staff are always wonderful! You will be in safe hands!

Hi @Nicelady62,

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please know that our nurses are only a click or call away if you want to talk anything through breastcancernow.org/information-support/support-you/contact-our-nurses.

Sending our love,

Lucy