Tired and sad

I’m being treated for grade 3 her2 positive breast cancer. I’ve had chemo, a mastectomy, more chemo and I waiting to start RT in December. I’ll have more chemo in the new year. My mam died suddenly 4 weeks ago aged 75 and I’m trying to deal with everything. I’m an only child and I live 224 miles away from my dad. I feel every thing is happening at once and I’m trying not to think about what’s going on. 

5 Likes

I just had to say hello after reading how difficult your life seems to be at the moment.

I’m so sorry to hear you lost your mam suddenly,what a shock to you and your dad especially while you’re still going through your treatment. Do you think bereavement counselling may possibly help you.Do you have support around you closer to home,people that you can confide in at all?

My daughter aged 39 received the same diagnosis last year as yourself. I know only too well the impact the necessary treatment can have on you both physically and mentally.On a positive note she can now see a light at the end of the tunnel as she nears the end of her treatment. This will be you too x

The nurses on here are brilliant and are always there if you need a chat. Someone like me will also put you in touch with a person in a similar position to yourself if you feel that would help.Do you live near a Maggie’s Centre as they too are a great support.

You certainly did the right thing by joining this forum where you can say just how you feel with all the emotions that I know must be in your head right now.I’m sure you will find that inner strength to get through this sad difficult time but do reach out for all the support that is available to you. Big hugs xx

Oh Sharon. I’m so so sorry. I lost my Mom 8 and a half years ago and not a day goes by where I don’t wish she was here making me food, giving me a hug, or just in general being my comforting mom. You won’t ever get over missing her. Time does help and you get used to the pain of it but it’s always there. Grief is the price you pay for love. And to lose her at this time, when you’re already grieving over your diagnosis and the life change with that, is cruel. I wish I could think of something to take away the pain but there’s nothing to do besides to tell you that I wish you didn’t have it, that none of us have the pain of losing our parents, having to cope with a cancer diagnosis, and just all the other crap that life doles out in the course of our lifetime. But you’re not alone here and don’t hesitate to ask for help from a mental health professional. Support in that area has to be paramount considering the shear amount of life changes you are going through right now. And of course everyone here will be so happy to listen and help in anyway we can. So many hugs sent your way…