7 year cancerversary today

Hi 

Just wanted to give some hope to any newbies; today I am 7 years with de novo SBC bones & liver. Christmas 2012 was definitely one to forget but I am thankful to still be here! Had plenty of ups and downs along the way but after 3 hormone therapies, 2 targeted therapies, and 5 chemos I am pretty stable on capecitabine at the moment. A lot has happened in the 7 years - 3 grandchildren born, my 50th Birthday, completed 2 degrees, early retirement and plenty of travelling. All things I didn’t expect to see or do when first diagnosed. I want to thank the lovely ladies on this forum, particularly those in our Hampshire meet up group, for the invaluable support you give. 

My advice, I suppose, would be to try & live as well as you can. Yes there will always be bad days (scan results day usually) but enjoy precious time with the people that mean the most to you and they will make the bad into good days. 

I hope that you all have a peaceful Christmas and 2020 is kind to you.

Helen x

Helen 

What wonderful news and inspiration to us all

Have a fab Xmas 

Wendy

Thank you for your very encouraging post Helen! Reading what you’ve achieved in those seven years is amazing, long may your treatment continue working for you. I hope you have the Christmas you want, and a happy new year which, as you said, is very kind to you. All the best, Kate x

Hi Helen so wonderful to hear , gives us all hope xx

Hi Helen,

WOW! That’s the first word that came to mind having read your post :heart:

I just want to say a massive thanks to you for taking the time to think of others at this time and for your inspiring and encouraging words.

I salute you for the amazing things you have achieved since your diagnosis - you’ve grabbed life with both hands and I wish you future happiness and adventures.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year with your friends and family.

Love and best wishes xxxxxx

Helen44

Congratulations for being 7 years since Secondary breast cancer.  How you finding Cape? I was on it for 10 months back in 2017-2018. It did work but unfortunately not for that long. I am only 2 years down the line with liver mets but over 10 years with bone and liver mets . 

Linda 

Your post has encouraged me.  This Christmas has been so hard for me.  Was given the news 2 days ago that I have mets in 1 of my vertebrae T-9.  I am awaiting PET Ct and bone scan.  CT scan performed 8 weeks ago and was clear.  I am devastated.  In a dark place.  All I think is that I have little to live.  Were you the same when diagnosed?

Hi Helen44,

Your post is so inspiring and gives me hope. I’ve had bone mets for 7 years but multiple liver mets found 5 mths ago, some of which are responding to treatment and others that aren’t.  Due another CT next week to see the if any further progression, then possible chemo.

Reading your story makes me believe there may be a few more options that can work for a few more years, to keep me able to nag the kids to do their homework for a while longer!

Long may you continue to bring positivity to us!

Love Bev

Hi Helen,

Wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR…

Your really brave women, I can understand your pain. SBC bone is really painful.

I hope you will get relief from the pain by God grace.

GOD Blessed you!!