7 years post diagnosis and have a lump near collar bone

Hi 

Its a long time since I have been on here. I thought my BC days were in the past. I was diagnosed with lobular BC in 2014 with 14 lymph nodes positive. Had lumpectomy, chemo, mastectomy, radiotherapy,  tamoxifen for 6 years now on letrozole. I went to my GP and during the examination he found a large swelling near my collar bone. He was sending me for a scan and chest x-ray but apparently I need to be re referred to the breast clinic. So scared it’s back! I thought it might be a reaction to my covid jab that I had had 3 days before but the GP didn’t seem to think so. I don’t understand how it can come back when I have been on tamoxifen and letrozole. Could it be something else?

Julie x

Hi Julie, I can’t give you any medical advice, however I just wanted to say hi and that I understand what you are going through. The waiting is horrendous and if you are like me my mind seems to be programmed to think the worst case scenario! I really hope you get good results from your check up, but please remember that even if you don’t, there are many treatment options. I was diagnosed 6 months ago with secondaries in the bone, I’m planning on going back to work full time, I’ve been working from home during the pandemic. Easier said than done but please try to settle your head until you get your results. Take care

Jools xx

Hello Julie

I’m so sorry you have this worry. The waiting for a referral and news is very stressful. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that there’s an innocent explanation for the lump. Please do let us know how you get on. Take care of yourself.xx