Blood cells

Hi Has anybody had low white blood cells, had a blood test which showed them so Doctor ordered an emergency blood test which came back the same, he didn’t seem to know much about it, so I am trying to get in touch with the Oncologist but don’t seem to be able to get through to her.

Hi Lesley, yes this has happened to me twice since I started my treatment in September, they just usually delay the meds for a week to let the white cells recover, I don’t think it’s anything to really worry about they just need to be at a certain level for the medication to be taken safely

Jools xx

Hello Lesley,

I agree with Jools in that white cells can be low because of treatment. I’m taking Palbociclib and have had to delay treatment because of it. They do recover after a week or so I have found and the oncologist has reassured me that it’s ok. The dose I take has had to be decreased but again she has said that it is still effective. :slightly_smiling_face:

Julie xxx

Thank you for your replies they have gone up a bit the Doctors don’t seem to worry about it, I am still on 125mg . Denosumab. . Oncologist wants me to have Radiotheraphy on my hip but can’t make up my mind to have it, has anyone on here had it.