cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Downbutnotout

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Good morning ladies

Faraway - I see you're awake early! I found I hardly slept while on FEC-T - those dreaded steroids. It gets confusing about what drug causes what effect. I went into early menopause after 1st FEC dose so I don't know if my night sweats were from that or the drugs. A friend of mine also suffered a lot with night sweats but had already been through the menopause, so perhaps it was the Docetaxel. However, I don't have a solution to the problem, sorry.

Janette - that's wonderful news about your TMs and bone scan. Now you can really celebrate your birthday.

LemonDrizzle - hello, sorry you're here.

Desi - how lovely to have such a thoughtful son - a credit to you.

Well, I'm off to the wig lady this morning. Probably won't be posting for a while so don't worry that anything's happened.

Wishing you all good things.

Flo

X

LemonDrizzle

Faraway-thanks for the welcome. I had loads of side effects from Docetaxel (I won't bore you with them) but none of the awful sweats you seem to be having. Hope someone can suggest ways of making them easier. LD x
LemonDrizzle

Good morning everyone. Don't know if it's usual but since I started treatment I've not been able to sleep for very long. I'm usually falling asleep when everyone else is getting up for work or sometimes I manage to sleep at a more normal time then wake up for the rest of the night. Whichever way it happens, I don't have more than a couple of hours sleep whereas I used to be able to sleep for England! Thanks to Kaye, Carolsav, Desi, Bev, Liz, Julie and Faraway for welcoming me. Hope I've not missed anyone out. LD x

Faraway

Morning everyone,
Had first Docetaxel on Weds with cold cap wow that is going to take some time to get used to! Now off Zoladex (even though had ovaries blasted off over a year ago) and Exemestane and am suffering with terrible night/day sweats far more than I ever did but cannot see this as a side effect from Docetaxel, has anyone else had this experience or is there any thing they can give to assist with this?
It is always lovely to hear good news especially Desi and Janette's.
Sorry you have had to join us Lemondrizzle but it is a fab place with loads of support xxxxx
madge1

Hello everyone,
I've had a lovely day, been to London to see the poppies!!! What a sight and so moving !!!
Desi I read your post it was so lovely and had me in tears, you must be so proud.
Janette that's great news about your results !!
Lemon drizzle welcome, you will get so much support from the ladies on this site!!!
Love
Julie
Xxx
lizH

Welcome from me too LD

The ladies on here a such a wonderful bunch with amazing knowledge , care , love and support.

Liz xxx

Great news Natalie , so pleased for you :). Xx

Bevlaar

Hello lovely ladies....trying to be a bit perkier today.
Desi...such an emotional post. I was almost in tears again myself!
Hi to lemon drizzle! Im sure you'll get the same fantastic support that i have had here.
Everyone stay strong and happy! 😊
love bev xxx
Desi-2

Hi LD just wanted to add my welcome but also sorry you find yourself here look forward to chatting xxx
carolsav

Hi LD. Sorry you have had this diagnosis...mine was only in may so yes this is a rubbish year to put it mildly! Hope you get some gd advice and comfort from this site as i have xxx
bertie1

Hi Lemon drizzle so sorry you have had to join us but I can only say the ladies on this site are amazing and you will get plenty of support from everyone.
Janette great news about your TM you must be so pleased it's so nice when you get some good news .My TM went down from 194 in August to 28 after third cycle of Cape so just hoping when I get scanned after Xmas that they have shrunk.
Julie we did have a lovely night and at times like these you can forget this disease for a little while.
Hope everyone else is doing ok
Kaye xx
LemonDrizzle

Many thanks to Janette, JulieD and Helen for making me feel welcome so quickly. Your hugs are much appreciated! LD x
2catlady

Hi,lemon drizzle,and welcome ,sorry you are joining us. We are a very friendly bunch on here and you will get lots of support and advice . We all have a mix of mets on here but tend to congregate on here so we can keep an eye on everyone.
I also had double whammy diagnosis of primary and bone mets last year and spread to liver and lungs this year.
Please feel free to ask anything,someone always has the answer as there's a wealth of knowledgeable ladies on here.
We are also great for hugs when you need one too.
Sending you a huge welcome hug,Helen xxxxxx
2catlady

Good afternoon lovely ladies,janette ,WOW FANTASTIC news you go girl.xxxxxxxx

Tracy,I cried reading your post,so sweet,you must be so proud you have raised such a caring young man .and xxxxxxxx
Happy birthday to both of you xxxxxx
Huge hugs Helen xxxxxx
rosie53

Hi LD, sorry you have had to join us but you are very welcome.
Please feel free to ask for advice, or to have a laugh or cry with us we all understand how you are feeling. My mets dx was in March too with primary in 2007 so like yourself i have had a difficult year too but this forum has been a god send for me the ladies on here wonderful,kind sympathetic and knowledgeable.
Hugs Janette x x x
JulieD
Community Champion

Desi that was beautiful thank you for sharing, you had me in tears! Have a lovely birthday

Janette great news about your M's, now you can relax and have a cheerful birthday on Saturday, early birthday wishes to you

Bertie how wonderful to have such fun, it sounds like a great night and so glad to hear your enjoyment, these are the joys to cherish.

LemonDrizzle (love the name!), sorry you have had to join us but you are in the rigt place for lots of support.As you will have seen we do have down days but we have a laugh too and we're always ready to share info . Welcome

Hope everyone has a reasonable day today, look after yourselves xx

Janet_BCC

Hi LemonDrizzle,

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I hope you will find lots of support here and I'm glad you have found reading the posts helpful.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Desi-2

So very pleased for you Janette that's great news xxxx
stresshead

desi...in tears reading your post..i know my daughter thinks and feels the same but not sure I could cope if I actually saw it or heard it. I find the thought and prospect of not being around for my daughter the hardest thing of all, as i'm sure we all do. Thinking of everyone awaiting results or just having an 'off' day. x
carolsav

Janette i am so pleased for you! You can really enjoy your birthday now and i hope its a very special day xxx

Desi happy bitthday to you too. Your son does you credit and i know how proud of him you must feel xxx
rosie53

Aww Desi that is soo lovely, im not surprised you have been in tears (it brought a lump to my throat) i bet you feel so proud you should also be proud of yourself for bringing up such a thoughtful caring person.
Hope you have wonderful birthday x x
Well i got good news at my appt!!! TM down from 230 to 99 and bone scan stable with no change....oh i could have kissed my onc its my birthday Sat and it is the best thing i could have wished for, i was convinced i was in for bad news.
Hope everyone is ok huge hugs Janette xx
Tinkerbelle

That's absolutely beautiful Desi - you must be so proud of him.

Tink x

LemonDrizzle

Hello everyone. Found this website and have spent hours reading through your posts and wonder if I can join you all. I've never done anything like this before but then again never had this horrible disease before! Was dx in March with bc which had already spread to bones, lung and liver so I've had a horrible year but have found all your information invaluable. Thanks LD x
bertie1

Desk that is lovely of your son you must be so proud of him,hope you have a lovely birthday.
Kaye xxx
Desi-2

Morning ladies well no treatment hey sent me home got try get better for next week now. Just going to try enjoy my birthday. Had the most heart rending letter from my middle son today with my card saying all the things he would want to say if I weren't here. To tell me now whilst he has the chance and not wait until it's to late. To say I made him the person he is today and that without my unconditional love he wouldn't be where he is today, to tell me that whilst he hopes I will be her to know his children that if I'm not they will know me through him and kind and Sefless love I have given him that every gift of kindness and love he gives them will truly be from me oh god I've been in tears but oh so touched that he feels this way. Hope you don't mind me sharing I'm just so touched by it. All our kids are wonderful I know just wanted to share this.
I cherish those times to Kaye they have the ability to lift us when nothing else can don't they!
Good luck today Janette be thinking of you xx
bertie1

Good morning ladies hope we are all ok .A very foggy morning here in S Wales must be all the fireworks that went off last night .Had a lovely bonfire night with two of my sons and their girlfriends ,I haven't laughed so much in ages they are really funny when they all get together it's these moments I cherish .
Bev hope you're not so tearful today stay strong lovely lady.
Good luck to Inky and Janette today,and all the other ladies who are having scans,results and treatments.
Love
Kaye xxx
Downbutnotout

Good morning ladies - the sea is really choppy here today and everything's grey and wet. Had a busy day yesterday - popped up to my house for the day. I have a new plan with reduced dose because of the impact of my first cycle of Gem Carbo and a slight delay in the next dose in an attempt at getting the PICC line. Hair wasn't meant to fall out this time but now looking like Sheldon Cooper's version of Gollum....drat.

Hi Bev - hope you're feeling a bit less tearful today.

Janette - best of luck with your results today.

And good luck to anyone else getting results or having scans and treatments.

X

2catlady

Janette and inky ,good luck,we are all thinking of you xxxxxxxxx
carolsav

Inky blue and janette gd luck today with results. X
rosie53

Morning ladies, its a cold morning here in Manchester today, think its time to get the winter coat out!
Its the dreaded moment of truth day today, see onc this morning for bone scan and TM results!!! Do these appt get any easier???
Inkyblue good luck with your results and anyone else getting results today.
Love and hugs Janette x x
2catlady

Janette ,thanks,I'll tell doctor when I seen . Thanks for looking into that.
Hugs,Helen xxxx
rosie53

Hi Helen, you can definetely get Aveeno on rx, not those heat pads though, im off now for a wk but when i go back in next wk i will find out if there is any other kind of heat pad you can get on rx.
Hugs Janette x x
2catlady

Hi,janette,lol at video,I've got the gloves !!
It's the therma heat back wraps and avenno hand cream and the chemist said no to.
No I didn't see lady on breakfast,shame it would have been good to watch. Not sure if I can watch on I player.

Kaye,I'll ask about that cream too,thanks .hope you get cap and H and F okay xxxx

Just had flu jab ,nurse asked if I was sure I was allowed and had I asked chemo ward! I smiled and said yes,they said no problem!( I'm mind I was thinking do you think I'm an idiot,of course I asked)

Julie,fantastic news xxxxx you go girl xxxx

Have fun with your juicer ,liz xxxxx

Chocolate,glad your having a rest lie on sofa day,don't blame you.xxx

Tracy,enjoy your reflexology xxxxxx

Faraway,good luck with new chemo,you'll be great and it will kick the little #s xxxxxxx
Janet,yes,get your badge xx yes,different brands can make a huge difference xxxxxx

Huge hugs ladies,Helen xxxxxx
Bevlaar

Lovely lovely treatment Desi. My next one is on monday xx
bertie1

Afternoon ladies just back fro m hospital with 4th lot of Cape but they reduced it again always get abit worried when they reduce it as I just hope it has the same effect,but on a positive note TM down to 28 so they going to scan me after Xmas after my 6th cycle to see if the tumours in liver have shrunk.
Bev sorry didn't catch up with you today but clinic was really quick got there at 9.20 got weighed ,had bloods and straight into clinics then straight to pick up peachy pills which only took half an hour so was out of there by 10.30 wish every appt was this quick.
Faraway hope your treatment goes well for you today.
Hope all you other ladies are doing ok today.
Kaye xxx
Chocolates

Afternoon ladies, you are so busy at the moment it's taking me ages to catch up with you all. I'm enjoying my day off - spent the whole morning on the sofa watching recorded tv programs so now about to get going. Switched the heating off too so if I don't get up and do something I'll be cold. Faraway hope all goes well today that's one down now already. You can do it xxx

Right then here I go. Will pop on later for a more detailed message to you all.

Huge hugs everyone
Hxxx
Jam

Hi all have been looking at the posts I find them very helpful thanks. Have just changed my letrozole so will see in a few days if there's any difference. Never thought the tablet could be what makes a difference. Have also seen your comments about blue badge. I've been given the form to apply but didn't think about using it as I live on the east coast and don't often find the need for it yet (and hopefully for a long time to come). Went to Lincoln with my sister yesterday and it would have been a great help. So looking at your discussions have decided I should get it sorted. Have also had reflexology and even though I was reluctant to have someone touching my feet at first I've found it relaxing and I also enjoy the Indian head massage. I keep following your posts and wish you all the best with your results etc. Janet x
Faraway

Morning all, it is so hard to keep all with the news especially if you miss a day or two. Sounds like people have been having fun with their blue badges! I have always fancied reflexology so will give it a try as Desi and Bevlaar seem to enjoy it. Had an Indian Head Massage yesterday which was nice. Off for first Docetaxel this morning but a bit apprehensive. Good luck to all with treatments/results coming up. Hugs all round xxxxx
Bevlaar

Lovely lovely treatment Desi. My next one is on monday xx
Desi-2

Just wanted to say good morning ladies going for reflexology today lovely xxx
madge1

Morning everyone!!!
Roll call done !!!! I'm here and feeling well!!!! I had u/s scan yesterday and was told the old lymph nodes had reduced in size and a couple she couldn't see at all !!!!! Think that was good news !!!! Good luck to everyone going to appts. scans etc. Regarding creams, I've been using double base gel which was recommended by the lymph oedema nurse and was prescribed by my GP!!! It's been ok on my body and my feet!!!! I spend my PIP on me !!!!! Still got to plan my hols now, as I got my pension lump sum!!!!!!! Have a good day 🙂
Julie xx
rosie53

Hi, has anyone just seen the lovely lady on BBC Breakfast speaking about how people react to her SBC?? she echoed your thoughts totally!!
Hugs Janette x x
Bevlaar

Good luck for today Kaye. Yes hoping we'll bump into each other xxx
bertie1

Morning all well another trip to hospital for my 4th lot of Cape hope they will give it to me today as my hands and feet are a lot better.
Bev good luck with your results today if I am still there around 11.30 I will txt you and come and say hello.
Helen my onc has given me epaderm cream on prescription as she says it's really good for hands and feet,she told me to put some in the bath and to use it to shower as well.
hope all other ladies are well and good luck with any scan results and treatments.
Love
Kayexxx
rosie53

Morning ladies, ooh yet another bad nights sleep, how can you be so tired but not be able to sleep!!! Ggr
Helen, what creams do you get from the chemist love?? I work in a pharmacy and will find out for you if you can get them on rx or not, some pharmacist don't always know and can't be bothered finding out!
Good luck to anyone having treatment, scan or results today.
Hey Helen maybe we should all get together and do a video of Michael Jacksons Thriller and STAND UP TO SBC/MBC and alk those who don't understand us!!! 🙂
Love an hugs Janette x x
Bevlaar

Morning liz. I bought a phillips vivo juicer in currys a month or 2 ago as it was in the sale for £49 from £100! Not sure if its still that price but its great.
easy to clean too. Been juicing in the mornings hoping its keeping my immune system tiptop!
Love bev xx
carolsav

Morning everyone. Hope everyone is well and good luck for treatments and results.
x
Bevlaar

MORning helen! Im well thanks and thank you for the good wishes. Yes we need roll call. I think we should all decide to come on just once a week to let everyone know that we are all ok! We are such a bunch of worriers!
I think you need to start writing your xmas list to ask for creams and lotions this year to save you buying so much lol!
Keep warm and keep safe.....love bev xxx
lizH

Good morning everyone,

Trying to keep busy waiting for the dates to start the weekly taxol.

Today I am going to buy a nutribullet juicer, anyone got one? Thought I would give it a go and do some super juice.

Love to all

Liz xx

2catlady

Good morning lovely ladies,how are we all today,
I did try for part as extra in walking dead yesterdaybut was told oh you look so well lol.

Bev,oh I hope you get results as it will put your mind at rest,good luck,we are holding your hand xxxx

Tracy,grrrrr to OH. When I get my part in walking dead I'll come and scare him for you xxxxxx
I didn't get a mobility car as don't drive. So I tend to use my pip to buy blinking creams for hands and feet and back wraps grrrrr god sooo expensive. I asked chemist if I can get them on prescription and he said no,oh well!

Well ladies I'm off to my fists SBC meeting at the Maggies centre today,so glad the lovely Julie is going too. It will be great to meet people in same boat.
Chocolate,enjoy your day off today xxxxx

I'll catch up later ladies,good luck and we need roll call as a lot of people are very quiet.
Huge hugs,stay strong,Helen xxxxxx
Bevlaar

Helen..supposed to go back for results next tuesday but when i told radiologist i was in chemo clinic tomorrow seeing Onc she said she'd ask the doctor if she could read it and write report by tomorrow. Xxx