1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

carolsav

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Julie thats wonderful. I love hearing gd news bwcause it gives me hope and i am sure your liver can cope with the wine!

Helen. Hubbys appt went well. No change and go back in 6 months. However the journey was a nightmare. It took 2 hours in fog and we only just got there in time. But at least it was worth it.

Hello to everyone else out there. Agree bout SCD..people must bw voting for anton cos surely no one wud vote for judy. Its getting a bit unfair now.

Bev you must be so proud of your son. Hope he does well and raises lots of money.

Kaye hope you felt more yourself as the day went on.

X
rosie53

Hi Julie, that is fantastic news!!! 🙂 really pleased for you, these good news posts help keep our confidence and stregth going!
love and hugs Janette x
juliemo3

Thanks everyone x

Yes it's amazing really.

So will risk poisoning my healthy liver with a large glass of celebratory plonk tonight! Haha xx

LemonDrizzle

Julie - that's fab news. I can imagine how relieved you must be so you now need to celebrate. LD x
bertie1

Hi Julie that's fantastic news so pleased for you
Kaye xxx
stresshead

Julie...fantastic news..lets hope we all get some of the same!! Hello to all th 'newbies'...i havent been posting long and dont log on every day but do try to backtrack and read all the threads. I Gain so much info and support from people who really understand what this awful disease is like.thank you all!!

2catlady

Hi,Julie ,WOW FANTASTIC NEWS,you go girl. I'm sooooo pleased for you ,Julie .
Hopefully see you soon,huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxxxxx
juliemo3

Hi to all of the lovely ladies on here.

I don't post often, but like others, try to read and keep up with you all as much as possible.

Just want to share my good news from Onc review today.

I have been on Kadcyla since March, due my 12th treatment on Friday.

Scan in August showed liver mets have gone and last weeks scan was the same.

Or as the Doc said, 'it's a scan of a perfectly healthy liver'

I have no symptoms from my multiple bone mets, which means they are getting the good news too.

Would never have believed I could be in such good shape again.

Stay strong ladies

Love and hugs

Julie xxxx

2catlady

Lemon d, glad you are posting. Judy Is driving me mad too. I like Caroline but judges seem to have it in for her and jake at the moment.
Oh,yes,PS the silver fox is a good idea for chocolate ,keep the suggestions coming.

Bev,that's fab about your son. Wow!

Kaye,I'm okay,just waiting for call back from GP.three hours to get through this morning!! Good job not an emergency lol.
My poor sister is still waiting for her chemo as they are running a couple of hours behind for some reason. Not what she wants on first cycle.
Take care lovely ladies,Helen xxxxxxxxx
bertie1

Good morning ladies hope we,re all doing ok.Late posting today as I stayed in bed cos I had rubbish nights sleep and am really tired,must be this fourth lot of Cape but on the plus side hands and feet are ok at the moment so the extra week off seemed to help.
Helen 12 and lemon drizzle you don't need experience on here ,I joined this forum just before starting my chemo for SBC and have found everyone to be so supportive.
Helen hope you're feeling abit better today .
Bev you sound abit more positve keep it up your new chemo will sort these out.
Chocolates hope you're doing ok.
To all you other ladies take care and have agood day

Love
Kaye xxx
LemonDrizzle

Good morning everyone.
Thanks for your reassurances about posting I feel a lot more confident now.
You're right about SCD-Caroline is good and Judy's inability to dance is getting on my nerves now.
Bev, your son sounds wonderful and I bet he's so much better than Judy too.
Talking about men, I think Philip Schofield could be a contender. I'd be gutted if there was ever a scandal involving him!
LD x
2catlady

Hi,Belinda,thank you xxxxxx
Hugs,Helen xxxxx
belinda

Wow good on your son Bev. 🙂
Helen I just read of your sciatica type pain. I had similar which just got worse as I was trying to ignore it, put up with it.
CT showed nothing untoward, markers were ok. Then I had an MRI and all was revealed. I had a met crushing the nerves travelling down my leg. If you had the same it would not mean your treatment isn't working or anything. Just where it is. A couple of rads and the pain went.
Hi to all, at work, at home, on holiday. 🙂 X
Bevlaar

Morning helen...im doing ok thanks. Just wish the breathlessness would improve! There are some really tuneful hums coming from my "out breath"!

SCD...what a laugh!! Who the heck has decided that Judy is a better dancer than Caroline??
So disappointed to see Caroline in the dance off. She's one of my faves.
On that subject...my son Michael has been cajoled into taking part in a charity event for our Breast Centre at Cardiff and Vale Health Board called Strictly Top Dancer! They held it last year and raised over £10,000 !
Think there are 8 couples taking part...none of the amateurs can dance...and they are partnered with a British Champion and train from oct to march when the final will be held.
the 2 dances he has to learn are the Paso doble and the cha cha cha!. His partner is called Sam and she's a Brit champion.
They have a justgiving page on facebook for sponsors to donate. They sell dvds from the live final afterwards too. Hoping to beat last year's total and have loads of fun along the way! Can't wait to be there for the final in march!

For the newbies, helen12, jan and LD....please dont feel you can't post because of lack of experience!
Believe me..this is where you'll gain experience and learn a heck of a lot about SBC!!
Never be afraid to ask ANYTHING! Whatever you want answers to there will always be someone here to help you including of course the bcc nurses.
Good luck to you and sending you hugs (((( )))) at the start of this rocky road.
love bev xxx 💖
2catlady

Good morning lovely ladies,how are we all doing ?

PLEASE Helen 12 and lemon drizzle .you don't need experience to post. On here. Just tell us what you thought of SCD ( now who is voting for Judy!!!! Angry eyes on )

We talk about daft thing on here and serious things when we have to. Please just jump in ladies. We are looking for a new man for chocolate ,so any ideas welcome.
I'm happy with my four at the moment. Mind mr Steve from SCD wants to were that top for helping around the house ( of course I don't mind 🙂 but it's very cold in the NE)

Chocolate ,take it easy this week xxxx

Bev,huge hugs xxxxx how are you doing?xxxx

Tracy,how are you doing? hope OH not being a pain. A whoopee cushion for "his" chair at Christmas May be in order.

Spud,oh wow,enjoy West Indies xxxxx great to hear from you.xxxx

Jam(Janet) ,lovely to hear from you and fab news your stable xxxxxxxx

Carol,I hope everything went well for hubby xxxxxxx

Julie ,thanks xxxxx had a pj day on Saturday and having one today xxxxx

Kaye,how are you doing . I'll catch up on cap thread xxxxxxxx

Belinda ,you get a hug for being you xxxxx

Sheila,thinking of you xxxxxx post when you can xxxx

Julie d ,hope your well. Have you heard any news on lulu. How's the new granddaughter ? Xxxxxxx

Tink,you have been quiet,are you okay ? Xxxxx
So sorry if I've missed anyone out if I scroll down I lose my message.
Massive hugs everyone,stay strong,Helen xxxxxxx
Jam

Hi to you all I don't post often either as I'm luck enough to be stable and haven't experienced a lot of what these ladies are going though at the moment. I get great encouragement that when things change I'll get lots of help on here. I also find the things that concern me are 'normal' and not just in my head. Thanks keep posting everyone. Good luck to you all with tests, results, etc this week. Love Janet x
LemonDrizzle

Hi Helen. Being new myself I know what you're saying. It took a lot of courage for me to join the forum and I feel that I don't have enough experience or knowledge to post comments yet, even though everyone has been very welcoming and friendly. I'm sure we'll both get braver! LD x
Helen_12

So very true carol ,feel like I have to suppress all my thoughts and what I would reallylike to say ,for my families sake xx

carolsav

Im fairly new myself helen 12 but am finding myself reading and posting most days now as i get such encouragement from the ladies on here. Its really the only time i can say how i feel.
X
Helen_12

Thankyou chocolates for your kind words , it's so nice being able to use this thread where everyone is so welcoming and kind many thanks helen xxx

Chocolates

Helen12 you jump in whenever you want to. That's the beauty of this forum - everyone is made to feel so welcome and nothing is off limits so rant and rave as much as you like. I really hope your scans go well and don't do any googling. Wait for your onc to tell you what the plan is and then go with that using this forum to guide you. There will be a new treatment if you have progression so just concentrate on one day at a time and try not to worry about things which at the moment you can't do anything about. Xxx
Helen - I hope you begin to pick up this week - remember you don't need to comment - just put a cross so we know you are ok and will write when feeling better.
Bev and tracy - hope you are both ok and managing. Really thinking of you lovely ladies.
Janette hope you had a lovely birthday weekend and not too tired.
Faraway hope you've managed ok on your chemo - early days so I hope you are looking after yourself. Mavis and Sheila we are thinking of you xxxx
Spudlab - wow the West Indies. Have an amazing time - so deserved xxx

Hello everyone else. I've had a very busy weekend and really tired now. Going to work for a rest tomorrow!! Hope everyone is managing ok. Have a good week everyone - if you have treatments/scans/results this week then I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Huge hugs,
Hxxxx
Helen_12

Hi ladies ,I haven't posted for over a week ,but have read your posts ,being as I'm new I don't feel as if I can just jump in and comment ,but relate to what you are saying .i have my ct scan week Tuesday an bone scan this Friday to check for progression ! Pain in my pelvis and back still pretty grim have been on arimodex for over two years now ! Not sure what the other options are ! Most of the time I'm pretty upbeat as can be but struggling at moment and when I read up about this cancer it's scary reading ! Sorry to moan to you all just hard when I have to keep positive for o h and two young children .hope everyone has a good week helen 12 xxx

madge1

Hi everyone,
Bev stay strong!!!! Easier said than done sometimes!!! Hope you enjoyed SCD and your curry !!!! We had the same, thoroughly enjoyed it !!!
Helen, wishing you well soon, hope you had a pj day !!!!!
Hope everyone else had a good weekend .
Love
Julie xx
bertie1

Hi Bev sorry you are feeling unwell right now but you will be starting your new treatment soon and that hopefully will sort the little uggers out ,stay positve.
Helen sorry you're feeling rough today just rest and have a pj day.
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Love
Kaye xxx
carolsav

Bev so sorry you are feeling so unwell and worried rite now. Try to keep in your mind your oncs words and the fact that you will soon be on a stronger treatment plan. I really dont know how we get through the day sometimes! I think we must be very strong deep down even if we dont realise it and now is one of those times when you have to just keep your chin up and trust your onc. I am thinking about you xxx

Helen sorry you are feeling rough today. Hope you improve as the day goes on xxx

Good morning to everyone and have a lovely relaxing day.
X
Bevlaar

All good here...except I've started having pain under my right breast between the ribs for the last week. Woke up again with it this morning. Onc says its referred pain from a nerve running along the pleura. Have to just keep on top of the painkillers! He said simple paracetamol and ibuprofen would help.

Also the breathlessness and cough is worse again...sounds like a smokers cough lol! I can also hear a grating noise from my windpipe every time i breathe in 😞
I just feel things have turned bad in such a short period of time.....is that a bad sign??

The only good thing is that the onc said i look just the same as when i went to see him first in May! And thats why he's keen to start me on a high dose of docetaxel on friday. Thinks i can take it!!

Seems to be a brighter day here today weatherwise. Going to cook a nice leg of lamb for lunch.
Enjoy your Sunday ladies.

Helen.. hope you'll feel better later.
Love bevlaar xxxx
lizH

Good morning ,

Hope you feel a little better as the day goes on Helen.

Love to all,
Liz xx

2catlady

Good morning lovely ladies,how are we all.
Janette,hope you had a great day and were spoilt rotten.xxxx

Bev,stay strong xxxx we are all here for you.xxxx

Good luck ladies with treatments starting this week.
Not a long post as a bit rough,just thought I better log in for roll call since it's me that instigated it lol
Huge hugs ladies,stay strong ,Helen xxxxx

Bevlaar

Me too....all snuggled up for Strictly. Indian meal on the way! 😀
madge1

Hi ladies,
A happy birthday Janette, hope you've had a great day!!!! I'm in my pj's ready for Strictly !!!
Wishing everyone a lovely restful weekend!!
Love Julie xx
bertie1

Hi ladies happy birthday Janette have a lovely day.
Desi have a lovely night it's lovely when you all get together have fun.
Spud have a lovely holiday,so looking forward to mine after Xmas to get away from this weather and have some sun.
Chocolates hope you enjoyed your shopping trip,I did a bit more today as well almost done now .
Bev just take each day as it comes and think positive ,good luck with your new treatment.
Julie I'll also be glued to strictly later,got my pjs on ready and all fetched up cosy on the sofa.
Good luck to all who have scan results,treatments this week.hope all you other ladies are ok and enjoy the rest of the weekend xx
bertie1

Hi ladies Janette hope you have a lovely birthday.
Desi hope you have a lovely night ,it's lovely when you all get together have fun.
Bevlaar

Hi all! Happy birthday janette! Not a very nice day for any of us with this weather....spudlab being the exception...😉 what i would give for some of that sun now!
Thanks chocolate....feeling little better but my breathing is not good. Each time i breathe in i can hear a grating noise in my chest and windpipe. Im so worried really. My onc said the 2 tumours had grown so that they were merging into one. Also the 2 lymphnodes had grown.
It all sounds so bad. If the tumours were 5cm and 2.5cm in Aug and now theyve grown by about 20-30 % they must be a fair size now. He said my right lung is quite compromised now and there's pressure on 2 bronchhi as well as the windpipe!
Its not making me feel too well at all.
Love to you all .....bev xxxx
Desi-2

Just to say hi ladies Janette hope you have a lovely day! Have my 3sons visiting tonight late birthday celebration as 2live away. Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend xx

Helen hope alls well with you xxx
JulieD
Community Champion

happy birthday Janette, have a relaxing day and let yourself be spoilt!

Spud enjoy your break and have a lovely time,

Chocolates enjoy your shopping trip, is it for Christmas? Am really behind this year so must really make an effort to start!

Good luck with scan Tuesday LemonDrizzle and Liz for treatment on Friday, will be thinking of you both.

Everyone else have a good weekend and enjoy whatever you are up to.I'll be glued to Strictly later xx

carolsav

Hi everone. Weather has turned really nasty in north east. Wish i cud be in west indies! Ah well gonna get comfortable later on settee for SCD.
Happy birthday to janette and have a good day.
Best wishes to you all x
spudlab

Morning everyone. I haven't posted in a while as I have been at work - supposedly only 30 hours a week but I have normally done that by Wednesday lunchtime!
I'm in the West Indies this week spending time with my husband. Going diving this morning - although had a few too many rum and gingers last night!
Good luck with the scan - I hate them too. Or rather I hate waiting for the results!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend and the weather isn't too awful x
LemonDrizzle

Good morning.
Thanks Chocolates and Flo for saying hello.
Happy birthday Janette and your scan results are fab. I've got a CT scan on Tuesday and I'm already stressed about it - it's my fifth one since March so you'd think I'd be used to them but I hate the cannula so much.
Desi your son sounds lovely you must be very proud of him.
Hope everyone's having a nice day. LD x
Chocolates

Morning Janette - happy birthday. Hope you have a fabulous day. xxxxx

Signing in for roll call. Off out with the kids later shopping so thought I'd get in quick now. Sending huge hugs to everyone. Still not settled on a new man - how Helen manages 4 I have no idea.
Sheila - I hope you're ok. Mavis thinking of you to. Spudlab - I think are you ok - not heard from you for a while.
Hope every one has a good weekend as can be. For those of you on treatments etc please rest and look after yourself.
Bevlaar - hope you're beginning to feel a bit better and ready for your new treatment.

Huge hugs everyone
Hxxxx
Porkie

Happy Birthday Janette! You deserve to be spoilt, have a lovely day. And best wishes to everybody else - I hope you all manage to enjoy your weekend.xx

rosie53

Morning all, its very quiet on here hope everyone is ok???
Oh i have been so spoilt this morning for my birthday!!!
Take care ladies huge hugs Janette x x
lizH

Morning ladies,

I have my first taxol date, next Friday . They are going to do the first one via the veins as I need a referral from my consultant to have a portacath done. Hopefully I can get an appt ASAP. I have asked to have the cold cap so I hope that is a success too!

Feel really really tired today, going to keep my feet up I think.

Love to all

Liz xx

bertie1

That was meant for Bev thinking of you and stay strong ,bloody iPad plays up sometimes.
Kaye xx
bertie1

Morning everyone just signing in for roll call it's really busy on here already ,you've all been up really early.Ihad a great nights sleep last night the best I've had for a while and slept till 9am.Not avery nice day here at all so may as well stay indoors and catch up on housework and maybe do some ironing.
Faraway good luck with the cold cap I had it when I had Fec three years ago and it worked well for me my hair just thinned a little bit but not noticeable to most people,
Being thinking of you stay strong xx
good luck Flo.
Helen good luck with picking up your peachy pills started my 4th dose yesterday but they have reduced it again due to hands and feet.
Hope everyone else is ok and have agood day
Take care all
Kaye xxxx
madge1

Morning ladies,
Wishing Janette birthday wishes for the weekend, have a lovely day !!
I never sleep properly now, whether it's late or going to bed early it's still the same !!! I have hot sweats and itchy skin which doesn't help either !!! I'm one of those people who end up having a siesta now in the afternoon !!! Wishing everyone a good day!!!
Love Julie xxx
rosie53

Morning all, wow what a busy forum it has been already!! Thank you for all best wishes on my good news yesterday, aww my daughter (22) came home with a bottle of Moet and some strawberries to celebrate!!!
Had yet another horrible nights sleep or should i say lack of it...its a rainny day here so going to go back to bed shortly, don't know if it down to the tamoxifen or zoladex does anyone know???
Inkyblue hope you got on ok with your results yesterday??
Take care ladies hugs Janette x x
Bevlaar

Morning all! Wishing janette a very happy birthday!
Going into work today as i took annual leave on tuesday. Only work 2 days so had all this week off. Thought it may take my mind off things a bit. Dreading starting docetaxel next friday after reading about the s e's.
But been told i can have the new cold cap...the paxman scalp cooler. Apparently it has excellent results of saving your hair...not that that's worrying me. I still have my original wig a lovely jaw length copper coloured bob! Its made from real hair and everyone used to comment on it asking where i got my hair cut and coloured haha!
Hope everyone's well here. Have a lovely weekend xxxx
carolsav

Faraway i have auricular acupuncture for hot sweats. Might be worth a go and even if it doesnt work its a relaxing hour for you...i usually end up nodding off during the session!

Hello to everyone. Have a good day xxx
2catlady

Good morning lovely ladies ,oh so many already signed in for roll call lol.

Faraway,a mild antidepressant is supposed to help with night sweats you could ask your GP about them.xxxxx

Flo,good luck,I'll give you a hall pass so you don't need to do roll call xxxx good luck wig choosing and take care of yourself xxxxxxx

Bev,xxxxxxxx

Hope everyone else is okay.
Chocolate did you enjoy your day of TV and more importantly any new hubbies yet xxxxxx

I'm still happy with all my three or is it four hubbies . Mind mr Steve keeps flitting off to dance with Ola and neglecting his jobs. I had a wasp in bathroom that landed on my leg. Mr DC screamed,James bond ????? And mr Hollywood said he was busy cooking. Good job original hubby could save me!
Well I'll check in later as off to pick up peachy devils and chase CT scan date up.huge hugs and stay strong ,Helen xxxxxxxx
Chocolates

Morning ladies, thank goodness it's friday. Janette that's fabulous news - so pleased for you. Have a fantastic birthday weekend - huge hugs to you xxx
Lemondrizzle so sorry you've had to join us but welcome to our wonderful group. Such a lovely place to feel loved and supported.
Faraway - I also suffered terrible night sweats with this - nothing really helped medicine wise so just unfortunately had to grin and bear it.
Desi - your sons words are just beautiful. You are rightly so proud of him.

Morning everyone else - signing in for roll call but now off to work. Have a great day everyone.

Huge hugs,
Hxxx