Calcium not absorbing

Hi

I’m on zolendronic acid infusion and anastrozole. My calcium levels are very very low , so twice treatment has been delayed. I’m recently diagnosed so in 10 weeks I’ve only had one infusion, they gave he a dissolved supplement for a week so I could have the first treatment. Now I’ve got adcal, 2 of daily, but still got the pins and needles and arm pain that signifies low calcium. When I go for bloods again this Monday I’m pretty sure its going to be too low again. I’ve rang them but they say I’ve not given it enough time. They don’t seem to be listening.  Any ideas? I’m eating lots of calcium foods. Getting a bit worried that theory are very laid back about it.  Thanks. Angie

Hi Angiepops, someone on this site says that eat calcium rich food like sardines, nuts etc can be really helpful. i had arm pain and pins and needles in my arm but it was caused by cancer in my neck which took a while to realise. Not wanting to worry you though i just hadn’t heard of that a a side effect of low calcium. interesting though.All the best to you.

Ramade

Hello Angie Good advice on diet from the others. I’m on Zometa and have to take calcichew every day for calcium levels. I’ve had to take them from the start (which was last April). Hope you sort it x

I obviously don’t know any details and I’m not a medic. I find Macmillan very good to talk to. You can ‘phone them and talk to a nurse. Worrying is not good. I like my oncologists very much and trust them. I can’t comment on yours but feel with mine that if they don’t seem worried about something then I should try not to worry (easier said than done.) The diet advice is good. I’ve really tried to take it. Nuts and greens are good for you anyway. I have bone mets and had pain in my back until the oncologist told me that there wasn’t enough cancer to cause pain at the moment. The pain then stopped. My mind plays tricks. Hope this helps x

I didn’t mean that you were going mad! I just meant that the mind is a powerful thing and it’s such an anxious time. Make sure you ask plenty of questions on Monday x