Chemotheraphy

Hi all. Has anyone had Chemotheraphy and sailed through it with hardley any side effects my Oncologist believes in it and wants me to have it but I am scared because I am 77 and feel it will not really help. My last MRI scan revealed Tumours have grown since my last scan 12 months ago she has put me on Exemestane and stopped Palbociclib and Fulverstrant, I just have to have bone injection and my Vitamin D tablets. The Oncologist who has been marvelous since my diagnosis in 2021 she is ringing me in 6 weeks to see if I have made my decision., I am not worried about losing my hair but am frightened about other side effects like vomiting and other things.

Lesley Your team will tweak your antisickness meds if they don’t work, you just ring your team and they will sort if you do decide to have chemo A lot of the time they get combination right straight away Do also ring the number on here and speak to a nurse Found just taking it day at a time and staying focused + luckily having amazing Oct17 chemo gang on here we all got through chemo :two_women_holding_hands: we held on tight to each other and rode our crazy chemo train whatever you decide to do is your choice, you are in control And breast cancer now is always here for you :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Hi , I’m 72 and had 7 months of chemo for breast cancer and took high dose cbd throughout and had very little side effects was tired but didn’t have any of the hideous side effects that go with chemo. I am convinced that the cbd played a major part of my being so well through my chemo treatment, along with chemo the tumour had shrunk to half it’s size which was amazing so my surgery scar was not as large as it might have been. A year later a continue to take cbd morning and evening