Elevated liver enzymes

I was diagnosed with lobular breast cancer May 2020. Stage2/grade 2 10cm tumour. Had a right side mastectomy and lymph nodes were clear. Oncotype score indicated low level of recurrence and only 1% benefit from chemotherapy so had radiotherapy only. I’m on letrozole and bone strengthening infusion every six months. At infusion last week was told I’d lost a stone in weight since last time (without trying) and liver enzymes are elevated. Took bloods again and still elevated. Bloods to be repeated in four weeks time. Nurse refused to be drawn on what it means and what they’re looking for. What does it mean and should I be worried? Trying hard not to Google but stomach has been in knots since, quite literally.

Hi @Maggles  Thank you for getting in touch. I’m sure someone will be along shortly to continue the conversation.

It sounds like you have been through a lot and I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had much clarity from your nurse. If you’d like to chat with one of our Breast Care Nurses, you can get in touch on 0808 800 6000. They are available during the week 9am-4pm and 9am-1pm on Saturdays.

Best wishes
Shareena
Forum Moderation Team