Everolimus/Exemethsane

Hi there,

I am new to this group. Diagnosed with Bone mets April 2018 8 years after my primary diagnosis of lobular breast cancer. I have what has been described as ‘pepper pot spread’…mets in skull, sternum, ribs, pelvis,spine L4 collapsed and stabalised on diagnosis with radiotherapy. Have been on targeted therapy fo Everolimus and Exemethsane since last June so have done well. My markers dropped quite dramatically initialy but have climbed somewhat in last few months. Usual scanxiety kicking in for my 12 week CT on 7 May. Is there anyone in this group on same or similar treatment to me?

I am back working part time which has done me so much good but remain anxious and fearful of the future at times. I am married, 58 years old with 2 adult daughters ( 23yrs and 30yrs).

Hello,welcome to the forum .There are ladies on the forum on this treatment and doing well - hopefully someone will be along soon to share their experiences .There are threads in the treatment section about this including this one forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Treatments-and-medical-issues/Exemestane-everolimus/td-p/1273843 .Hope it is successful

for you .Jill x

Hi there, Horace19-I’m new to the Forum as well. I have Mets to the bones and deliver. I have been on the everolimus and exemestane treatment for the past 11 months. I am most recently experiencing a bit more fatigue but other than that I’ve not had any significant negative side effects. I’m with you on the skin anxiety I have a skin coming up in may as well. I’m hopeful that the drug has continued to stabilize the cancer but my tumor markers have been rising during the past two months. We’ll see and good luck with sustained treatment on this drug!

Greentea2