74.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency of scans with secondary breast cancer.

6 REPLIES 6
LadyAvalon

Re: Frequency of scans with secondary breast cancer.

I have CT scans every six months and bone scan every 12 months.

Lesley123

Hi artygirl. I have my scans every 3 months but wish they were every 4 or 5 months are you stable at the moment can’t understand why you are having 6 monthly scans.

artygirl2061

Thanks so much for this information. Really helpful. 
6 years - amazing! Here’s to the next 6! 
Sharon xx

artygirl2061

Thanks so much for this information. Really helpful. Here’s to a continuation of stable scans for you!

Sharon x

gaybar1969

Hi,

I’ve been living with SBC for 6 years. I started with 3 monthly Ct scans, then once the tumour was stable went on to 6 monthly scans.

meiard

Hi Sharon,

I think scan frequency can depend on the nature of your mets and how stable things are. I have been on three monthly scans for my first year, but they have actually been more like 4/5 monthly because of backlog here. My onc has said I might go onto four monthly if things are stable despite having multiple liver and bone mets! I would be ok with that as I have monthly bloods which provide information too. 
mary

artygirl2061

Frequency of scans with secondary breast cancer.

Hi there 

Hope everyone is managing their treatments well and thriving as best they can. I don’t post very often but always read people’s posts and find them all so helpful. 

Please could I pick your brains…

How often are people having monitoring scans?  I was diagnosed with SBC last July and up to now have been scanned every 3 months. I have a new oncologist who will only scan every 6months. 

Thanks in advance. 
Sharon