Ibrance and Letrozole - remission

Started Ibrance and Letrozole February 2020 for solitary mets to T9. First PET scan (July 20) since secondary diagnosis And starting treatment already shows remission.  My oncologist says only 10% of patients achieve this, not sure whether he is just been encouraging.  Has anyone else had these results?  

Hello 4748,

Sounds encouraging indeed. 

I am HER-2 so am not eligible for your drugs but in my experience of Doctors, they don’t give positive news unless they can so I would take your Oncologist’s word for it.

Hopefully some other ladies on this site can give your more back-up based on their experience of your drugs :slightly_smiling_face:

All best, 

Angel. 

Hi 4748,

I’ve been on this combination since my diagnosis in December 2017.  My secondaries are in my liver. My first scan showed significant reduction in the scattered tumours and every scan since has shown this is stable.  I was told that one radiologist commented that if he didn’t know my diagnosis, he wouldn’t have thought they were cancer. The word ‘remission’ has never been mentioned.  It’s quite a loaded word, isn’t it?  I see the consultant every 12 weeks and have a scan every 6 months, so feel very fortunate so far. 

I hope you continue to do well.  Have you looked at the online programme?  I’ve found lots of useful information there,

Alison

Excellent news I am so pleased for you. Keep positive x

Hi 4748,

That truly is amazing news! ? Well done, as previously said, definitely celebrate the positives.?

I started both treatments along with denosumab and zoladex to stop the hormones and every scan has shown great results for my multiple bone mets and in the lung lining. The denosumab has almost healed the lytic (holey) areas and I’ve had no further decline anywhere. As also mentioned, remission is a loaded word and it’s not been mentioned to me, however it’s a really positive response so please take the positives with every day.

I do understand how you are feeling. A secondary diagnosis hits really hard because we are told there is no ‘cure’ but we will be living with cancer. But try not to think of that, the ibrance and letrozole is fairly gentle so I guess you feel you haven’t really suffered enough to feel you can be in such a good place but you are! So well done my lovely!

Sending you lots of love and strength. Xxx