Just.joined got secondary bc, would like to introduce myself

Hi ladies, my names Michelle or Shelly, I had bc 10 year ago, had mastectomy and reconstruction. Ovaries removed, so shot straight into the menopause. Then nothing for 7 years. 3 year ago I was getting really bad pain in my ribs, for a year I went back and forth to the docs only to be told every time it was costacondritis. In the end I phoned my breast care nurse and she got me in the same week for a scan. Went week later for results to be told I had stage 4 secondary bc which had spread to my ribs, spine, shoulders and long bones in the arms and legs. They started me on a few different hormone therapies which all stopped working. The cancer spread to my liver and omental layer, which is apparently rare. Then I’ve had a few different types of chemo, capcitabine, everolimus, can’t remember the one I was on before the one I’m on now, which is Eribulin. Get scan results next week to see if it’s spread. Fingers crossed. Sorry about the long post lol.x

Hi Shelley, and welcome to the group. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It has been quite a journey for you, hasn’t it? I’m so sorry it took so long to discover the source of your pain. I think we know our bodies and when things aren’t right, and I admire you for fighting the system to get your diagnosis. I’ve been on Erubilin and it’s a bit harsh, so well done you fir getting on with it. I have my fingers and toes crossed for a good result fir you. Best wishes. ?? x

Hi Shelly. Wow you’ve had a lot to cope with. 

I hope you find being on here a help as I did especially at the beginning . Fingers crossed for your scan results. I’m waiting for my date to come through for my next scan . 

Anxious times but good to chat to people who understand.x

Hi Shelley, how are you finding Erubilin? I have also had most treatments and have one cycle so far. I’m finding the fatigue difficult as I struggle to get up from a chair sometimes which has never been me before. Does this wear off over time do you know,i’m so frustrated by this.

Ramade x