cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole sore tongue & mouth

3 REPLIES 3
Fruaich

Re: Letrozole sore tongue & mouth

Just seen your post and wondered how you are doing now? I was prescribed Letrazole in Feb 2020. In the Sept my mouth became really sore and the Dr went down various avenues but no joy until they stopped the Letrazole for 6 weeks and things improved. They have now given me Exemestane instead which is better but still get a sore tongue, worse with certain foods. Because my cancer fed on my hormones I assume I will have to put up with it as they are stopping estrogen and the lack of estrogen causes burning mouth 😕 hope you are doing OK

Wizzyden

Hi Jacko I too had a script of the Sun Pharma brand and I felt dreadful, vowed I wouldn’t take that again. My mouth is getting worse by the day! Think I may try and get hold of my CNS but she is still diverted to COVID I fear. I’m almost at my wits end with all this. 
thanks for replying. Just good to know I’m not alone Take care Denise . 

Jacko

Hi Wizzyden

I have been taking letrozole for 4 months and have experienced very similar symptoms to those you describe. Sore irritated throat, dry mouth at times feeling sore and tender particularly the roof of my mouth, initially I thought it was the Palbociclib I am also taking, but I am now convinced it is the letrozole. Each prescription I’ve had I’ve been given a different brand last month I think the brand was Sun pharmaceuticals-and the symptoms were much worse.

I requested Accord this month and feel this is more tolerable.

Jacko

Wizzyden

Letrozole sore tongue & mouth

Hi I am a secondary breast cancer patient living with HER2 pos mets etc. I developed a new ER+ cancer in remaining breast about a year ago. After mastectomy & treatment I’ve been on letrozole for the ER+ cancer. Tried a few brands, but have settled on a brand called Accord as least horrid but in past 3/4 months I’ve developed a very sore mouth, particularly my tongue (mouth quite dry) and sometimes throat is sore. GP thought it might be oral thrush & gave me Nystan but this just made it worse so I stopped taking. Does anyone else suffer from this sore mouth thing on Letrozole?