Liver mets

I have just completed my 3rd cycle of Capecilabine and my latest scan shows that my liver lesions continue to grow. Before that I tried fulvestrant for 3 months without any luck. When first diagnosed I was on exemestane & everolimus, but unfortunately developed pneumonitis from the everolimus so that was discontinued and I continued for a while on exemestane until progression in my liver started. I am now told I will need to go onto weekly Paclitaxel. I am devastated and unlike me, I cried most of the day after being given the results. Thankfully I do feel brighter and am back to taking each day as it comes. Has anyone had success with liver lesions whilst on Paclitaxel? i am beginning to think nothing is going to stop these buggers growing. I really don’t understand how some treatments help some ladies but not others when their diagnosis is the same.  I have an appointment with the oncologist on Thursday to discuss the new treatment plan. I am dreading Paclitaxel and losing my hair once again, as at that point you have to tell people and so far I have avoided this since my diagnosis of secondaries. 
 My original diagnoses, November 2016 was invasive ducal carcinoma, ER & HER2 positive.

Hello, I have had Paxlitaxel. Happy to talk if you want to PM me . 

Angel Eyes x

Hi WMJ,

My mum has also developed Pneumonitis due to the Everolimus. I’ve read so many bad reviews about this drug!! Its seems to be so toxic !! 

How long did it take you to recover from the pneumonititus? How are you doing in general? I hope the paclitaxel is working well for you! Xxx

Hi WMJ, it sounds like you have had a tough time! I was diagnosed with liver and bone mets in May and went on to Paclitaxel because my liver enzymes were high. It was pretty effective in bringing them down and stopped the liver tumours too. I have a local recurrence on the chest wall and this shrunk by half. I managed nine weekly sessions but kept having to reduce dosage because of low neutrophils. Steroids helped a lot with side effects, so apart from hair loss it wasn’t too bad. I was able to move onto pablociclib and letrozole with a stable liver, which has thankfully worked so far, on cycle five. 
I know what you mean about keeping your condition private, but getting a decent wig before you start can help with that. My hair fell out after two weeks, whereas the AC chemo took at least six weeks to make me bald back in 2005! I hope the paclitaxel does the job for you. 
Mary

Hi WMJ

you are not alone we are very similar. I was diagnosed in Aug 2016 er positive, secondaries in bone June 21. Put of fulvestrant and palb which didn’t work and the buggers went to my liver, put on Capecitabine then spread to lung so that had also stopped working. Was told last week I will go onto Paclitaxel starting next week. I came home and cried on and off all weekend, anger, emotions, scared. Anger because nothing has worked since June 21 and many other ladies the treatments that didn’t work for me works for months if not years for them. How are you doing now? What poison are you now on.

hugs louise x