Lymph Nodes during Chemo

Strange question but does anyone have experience of enlarged/swollen lymph nodes during chemotherapy 

My tumour markers are currently in the ‘normal’ bracket and my scan in the last few weeks shows a significant radiological response with tumours shrinking. However just after  chemo last week  my lymph nodes now appear  swollen. I always get cold sores in between chemo so clearly my immune system is low 

Thanks x

Hi @minniem  Thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear this, I’m sure one of our Forum members will be in touch soon to continue the conversation. 

In the meantime, you may find it helpful to speak to one of our breast care nurses on our free Helpline, 0808 800 6000.

You might also be interested in our Someone Like Me services - the Someone Like Me phone service can put you in touch with a volunteer who can support you by telephone. You’ll speak to someone who’s had a similar experience to you, who has finished their treatment and has been trained to help. We also have a Someone Like Me email service where a volunteer will support you by email correspondence.

Best wishes
Shareena
Social Media Officer