New lump...support required!

It’s been 5 years since my mastectomy. I’ve just found a lump in my other breast and am now waiting for my scan (within 2 weeks).

I’m looking for support to help cope as well as recommendations on what anti anxiety drugs l might be able to take in order to help cope. 

I am a complete wreak. Constantly crying and trying to hide it from the kids (for now). Back aches, stomach is tense, experiend bleeding as a result. My thoughts are all negative.

Xxx

I’m not surprised you’re a wreck, you can talk to the ladies here at BCN, I found they listened and let me cry and I did feel better after talking to them. 
I also have been prescribed Diazapan when I was initially told by my Dr as she said you might need something to help you for awhile.

sending love 

cathy

Dear @Smudgie31 , I am sorry you are going through a difficult time.

Would it help to speak to one of our breast care nurses? We are here on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm), and we are always happy to talk things through - whatever is going through your mind. No question is too small, and there are certainly no stupid questions. 

If your preference is to write things down, you can leave a message to our nursing team on these boards.

We are here with you, and we’re sending you all our love

Bernard x

Hi sorry to hear you’re having to go through this all over again.  I found Citalopram has helped me cope with my diagnosis and seemed to start working  quickly.  Like others have mentioned  I also spoke to helpline nurses here which also helped me cope,  

Hi,

So sorry your going through this awful anxious time. The waiting time is always the worse - not knowing what your dealing with. I also had diazepam to get me through the initial period of anxiety as I didn’t want anti-depressants. I’m sure you will be fine. All love and hugs and good luck.

Rubyjane