73.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the secondary breast cancer bone met crew…

7 REPLIES 7
Laika

Re: New to the secondary breast cancer bone met crew…

Spoiler
    Thanks for that informative and reassuring video. I’m new to the forum, but not new to breast cancer unfortunately having lived with three different types for 27 years. Now new to widespread bone mets and starting letrazole, Ibrance and Zoleda. Very apprehensive about first infusion next week, but that video was very positive and inspiring for me. 
Liz0418

Teresaa71 your link on bone mets was very interesting and informative.   https://youtu.be/YpFfLrITfEI giving the information on the differences between zometa and denusomab (xgeva) good to know they are both as effective as each other and the fact zometa forms a protective layer for a long time around bones. Thanks sending love and positive vibes Liz x

catokitty

Hi Teresaa, thanks so much for posting this.  It was really useful and interesting.  All the best to everyone

Jane

Tiff

Hi Liz… that’s awesome all is stable with you… the more I read on here the more my outlook is changing… this Mets seems totally manageable. I’m thinking they just try different concoctions till they find what works…  I did radiation after lumpectomy… then chemo after mastectomy… I honestly think I had the Mets when the reoccurrence happened… looking back on a chest x-ray from 2019 it was noted I had a couple tiny spot on my spine… but didn’t get diagnosed until last month after a pet scan… few spots on spine and a pea size spot on left iliac bone(hip). Feeling optimistic! Thanks for responding. 

Tiff

Thanks so much! The link to the video was very informative. All the best to you on your journey.

Liz0418

Hi Tiff I had reoccurrence in 2018 after lumpectomy in 2004  and chemo radiotherapy and lymph node removal left axilla all in 2004/2005. In 2018 found to have secondaries in both sides of pelvis one in each lung base of spine and original breast . Been on letrosole and palbociclib and zometa infusion . Get scans every 3 to 4 months and everything is stable that's 3years plus . Side effects aren't to bad get some pain from hip/pelvis but manage with naproxen and exercise as much as possible . I am a lot older than you but know people managing secondaries 15 years plus. Sending you love and positive vibes . Liz x

teresaa71

Hi

I'm new to bone mets too. I found this really informative webinar with Katherine Weilbaecher, an American oncologist, discussing bone mets and the importance of exercise really shines through. 

Bone Mets 

I've had a few Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) sessions and have seen a nutritionist too which has been helpful. 

Tiff

New to the secondary breast cancer bone met crew…

Hello friends…. 38 year old mom of 3…First diagnosed 2016 breast cancer estrogen progesterone positive. Had lumpectomy..Reoccurrence in 2019, had mastectomy…. Got a hysterectomy to help eliminate extra hormones…diagnosed with bone Mets in spine in hip last month  currently on letrozole and zomeda drip… any advice for what’s ahead would be great…supplements, treatments, what not to do? Anything and everything I wanna know!