Newly diagnosed with liver and bone mets

Hi all,

After nearly 5 years all clear following Invasive lobular breast cancer, I have now developed mets in bones and liver. Following Onc appointment my haemoglobin levels dropped to mid 70’s and I spent weekend in hospital having blood transfusions.  Hospital were fantastic and fast tracked my CT scan as they wanted to rule out blood clots. 

Subsequently my Oncologist saw me Wednesday and arranged Chemo to begin this wednesday. I will be having EC, I had FEC last time.  I will also be having injections for bones. 

I have absolutely no energy, feel bloated and nauseous, just wanted to know of anyone who experienced this and if there is hope that I will start to feel better once treatment has kicked in.

There are so many positive stories on here, I hope someone has some positivity for me. 

Dear @Running girl 53 , I am sorry you are feeling this way. 

I hope the boards on our Forums provide support for you, and reading other people’s experiences brings comfort. Sometimes it may be helpful to speak to a professional person who is able to provide support, and our team of breast care nurses are here for that. You can either call us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm), or if you prefer to receive a written reply, you can post on our Ask our Nurse boards here.

Sending our warmest wishes your way

Bernard

Hi Running girl 

what rubbish news! I was in similar position twelve months ago, but without your blood issues. I started on chemo which got the liver under control, then moved onto targeted therapy. I also have monthly bone injection. I feel much better and am living an almost normal life. I hope you find the chemo helps you to feel better, albeit without hair

mary