No evidence of active disease

I was diagnosed last September with bone mets (extensive sternum, rib, spine and pelvis), right lung (multiple large plaque like lesions) and a large soft tissue tumour next to my sternum. This was 14 years after my primary diagnosis. I started treatment on Palbociclib, denosumab, letrozole and zoladex. My first scan after starting treatment in January this year showed a 50% reduction in my disease and since then I’ve had 3 monthly scans which have been stable (no change in my disease). Just had my latest scan results from September and was delighted to be told that all my mets have now gone. I still can’t quite believe it! It wasn’t what I was expecting after having stable scans for over 6 months. My Oncologist has said I now have no evidence of active disease. I’m also doing well on treatment and continue to live my life pretty much as I did before my diagnosis and work full time. My oncologist has credited the success to Palbociclib- so lucky that this drug seems to be getting such good results for me and that I’m tolerating it well. Hope my story gives some hope to anyone out there who is newly diagnosed. Lots of love, Pawsome xx

Wonderful news! 

This is absolutely amazing news!!! So pleased for you!

This brings me much, albeit cautious, hope!!

My mum has just started on ribliciclib, dansumab and letrozole for her extensive bone mets! This has brought me great hope! Thank you for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face:

This is absolutely brilliant news!! So pleased for you, thank you for sharing.  Long may it continue xxx

Fantastic news Pawsome, this has definitely given me hope just starting out on these drugs x

Hi Pawsome

Thank you for sharing such amazing and positive news. Long may no evidence of active disease continue! Like you, I have tolerated zoladex, palbociclib and letrozole well for the past 8 months - I just want to be ‘normal’ and so far this combo has allowed me to just do that!

Wishing you and all of us well :slightly_smiling_face:  

B

Fabulous news!! I’m so delighted for you. I would never have believed that this could actually occur. Marvellous Pablociclib!! Long may the good news continue for you x

Such fantastic news gives us all a lift xx

Hi Pawsome,

I’ve only just seen your post and I am delighted for you! I feel a kinship with you as my Primary was in 2005 and my Bone Mets were diagnosed last November. I am also on the same treatment as you. Again, I’m just really pleased for you and you’re right, this will give hope and reassurance to those newly diagnosed.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

This is amazing and so good to read a good news story, especially for newly diagnosed people like myself who are scared by all the negative stats.

Thank you for sharing and hope the success continues xx

Thank you for sharing. Having started chemo for primary breast cancer on 1st October but then received a secondary breast cancer diagnosis (two tiny lesions on the sternum) on 6th October, I am still reeling with uncertainty and fear and enormous sadness. Yours is the first post I have read on the forum and I am so happy for you. Working on the principle of _quitting while I’m ahead, _I don’t think I’ll read any more right now! x

Thank you so much for sharing this positive news I’m so pleased for you. 
Im newly diagnosed with this, ( 7th October 2020 ) and feeling so frightened. It’s all I think of day and night. I’ve got amazing family and friends around me but still feel ‘alone’ 

Its do good to read something so positive and I truly hope you carry on with good news. 
Lots of love xxxx

So happy for you.  I was given ‘remission’ good

news in July, I just hope and pray it is the same at my best Pet scan in February.  Do you however find that you have pain in mets sites?

Thank you for sharing this.

it certainly give us hope for our future. I haven’t actually started my rads yet a have an infection that keeps raising its ugly head. Fingers crossed it feels like it’s under control now and hopefully I will start radiotherapy next week.

I wish  you well for the future and hope you don’t have to to go through this again x

Thank you pawsome for your post this has given me such a high I was only diagnosed in may ,10 years after my first cancer reared it’s ugly head ,I to am on the same drugs as you can I ask what side effects did you have. I have dry eyes dryness down below sickness no appetite an sometimes I feel like I ache as you do when you have the flu symptoms do you have any advice I’m trying to do all the things I did before with my grandchildren an routine an such but the tiredness is unbelievable I’ve never been like this an it’s hard to accept this is a new way of life I’m so pleased for you an pray to god you carry on the way your going sending lots of love xx 

Hello all I’m new and registered to support my 85 year old Mum.

I thought I’d add to this thread to say she too is on Letrozole and abemaciclib and has been since diagnosis de novo four years ago. She has now been one year ‘no evidence of active disease’ and was told today she is in remission. We’re realistic of course but I just wanted to share another good news story with you all to counter balance the Google narrative which does seem to paint a rather static and bleak picture.

good luck and good health to you all x