1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCANXIETY!!

HelenAquarius

Re: SCANXIETY!!

Thanks for your messages, so nice to feel cared for. Hubby is being wonderful.
Off to Newbury races today with friends - a good distraction - and hoping my luck will turn with a few bets on the horses and a glass of bubbly X

julzd

Sorry about your scan results Helen good luck with your next treatments hope you get on them soon ❤❤❤❤
Marie123

Hi Helen, know exactly how you are feeling. I got the same news this week. I will be in our café for lunch , Let's stay positive , have a glass of something nice and watch the Olympics on the giant outside television . Hugs M xxx
EJ81

Sorry to hear you didn't get the news you wanted. It's so frustrating, especially when you think treatment is working. Let's hope Eribulin does the trick. I found it very manageable xxx
rosie53

Morning Helen, really sorry to hear you have progression, at least they are on it and are going to change your treatment now. You have had a special year with your wedding......its your year!!!

Stay strong hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

bonariensis

Helen So sorry to hear your results were not good. It's early in the morning so it seems it has been a long night for you. Hope you have people around to hug you. You'll get a lot of hugs from all of us here.

HelenAquarius

My turn to share news, but not so good alas.

Was due a CT scan soon, but had pneumonia 2 weeks ago so had a CT scan at the time and thought they would re scan me in a month as it would look messy cos of the pneumonia. (Not sure why I thought that!).

So, had onc appt yesterday and was expecting just a catch up and to book a CT. Infact it was a results meeting.. Know I have extensive bones mets but lung mets are now definitely evident, (they've been wondering for months due to breathlessness but no signs on scans) and because of progression the paclitaxel I've been on for 3 months isn't working so coming off that and starting on Erubilin chemo next.

So sadly I can't joins the Stable Mable club, first time I've felt rather down and upset by it all. Strangely I've been feeling better and thinking it must be working. Just shows ya... How you feel doesn't necessarily concur with how you are.

helen X

Barton

Thanks, Stillhere. I hope you are doing well.

Hugs. Barton.x

Stillhere

Congratulations Barton! That's the best news, hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend xx

Barton

Thanks, Helen and Moijan!

Wishing everyone else facing scans and results all the best. May all your results be as good as mine!

Hugs. Barton.x

Moijan

So Very Pleased Barton! Such a relief for you. You can really enjoy a lovely werkend coming up now!!

i will visualise you and Carolyn stuffing all those Macdonalds down! and... With double fries and lashings of chocolate

Moijanxx

HelenAquarius

Great news Barton - lovely jubbly as Del Boy would have said. I imagine you have felt the weight of all the stress falling from your shoulders :-))))

Even though most of us have never met, this site brings great friendship along with support and so hearing news from a friend is so delightful and uplifting. Hooray!

Helen X

bonariensis

Fantastic news Barton. What are you going to do to celebrate, apart from McDonalds and chocolate?

Barton

I can't tell you how grateful I am to all of you! Such lovely sentiments. No, I won't go for chocolate! I won't, I won't, I won't! Oh, alright, I might! Smiley LOL

Hugs. Barton.x

MarionP

Brilliant news Barton - hope you enjoy celebrating.

Marirose

Dear Barton

Great news go and celebrate you deserve it ((((hugs))))

julzd

Barton so pleased for you let's all eat chocolate ❤❤love Julie
Waffles

Really happy for you Barton. Bone mets are strange things aren't they. They seem to cause pain even when they are stable or improving. Now relax and enjoy yourself. xxx

Marie123

Enjoy xxxx M
EJ81

That's brilliant news. Really pleased for you xxx

rosie53

Oh nip next door and get a big block of Dairy Milk......mmmm 😆😆😆
Janette xxx
Carolyn52

Whoop whoop .....
Did u actually see the scan this time ?I know u wanted to look.
Yep . .McDonalds are on me ..will arrange a date very soon .
Brilliant news ..
Xxxxx🍟🍟🍟🍔🍔
Barton

Thanks, Janette. I should have bought some chocolate to celebrate, but too lazy to nip over to the little Tesco right next door to me!

Hugs. Barton.x

rosie53

Yeyyyy!!!! Great news Mabel  😉😉 enjoy your celebratery Macky D's

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Barton

Well, thank you all so very much for all your support! I am VERY pleased to be able to say that I have joined the Stable Mable club! Not what I was expecting (the worst, obviously! as we all do Smiley Frustrated), but so, so relieved. The actual results were that my lymph nodes have shrunk slightly and my bone mets are stable.

Carolyn - you owe me a McDonalds!

Hugs. Barton.x

stresshead

Fantastic news Bonariensis...long may it continue.

Barton.....have got everything crossed for you....much love. xx

Moijan

Oh, Good luck today Barton.....I do hope for great results..I sometimes  find that when im over confident, mine give me a shock..but when im really worried, i  often get a nice surprise.....will pray for a good result.

hugs

Moijanxx

Carolyn52

Oh Barton ..why don't they do scan results at 9am to save all that worry .
Thinking of you and positive vibes and a McDonalds hopefully !!
Xx🍟🍟
Barton

Many thanks, all, for your good wishes. Appointment not until 1.40, so still got a couple of hpurs worrying to get through! Will let you know outcome later.

Hugs. Barton.x

nicky08
Community Champion

Good luck from me as well, Barton. Hope all goes well today.

Great news bonarensis, take a deep sigh of relief and enjoy the moment!

Nicky x

EJ81

Good luck Barton. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow xxx

Marirose

Hi Barton

Good luck with your scan results tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cyber ((((hugs)))) xxx

funnyface

Good luck with the scans ladies.  Take yourself out for a treat for making it through scanxiety!

Barton

Thanks so much, Helen and Waffles. Bonariensis - wishing you good luck for your bone scan results. Remember, no hugging small children for a while! They will glow in the dark (kidding!).

Hugs to all. Barton.x

HelenAquarius

Oops was that auto correct on your name or bad typing!!!!

HelenAquarius

Best of luck from me too Bartin. Crossing everything for you
Helen xxx

Waffles

Hi Barton,
I really hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. I had quite a lot of hipe, spine and shoulder pain and was really worried before my last two scans and both turned out well. Hoping the same for you. I'm sending all my positive vibes.
Bonariensis, hope your bone results are as good as your last (ct?) results. Best wishes. xxx
bonariensis

Had a bone scan today. The whole village knows I'm radioactive. It's like that here.

Barton

Thanks, Janette and bonariensis. Trying to stay positive, but it's not working, I'm afraid!

Hugs. Barton.x

rosie53

Hi Barton, sending all my best wishes to you for tomorrow, try not to let your pain play with your imagination......easier said than done! I have noticed a pattern with us boney ladies, when we get increased pain it is usually in our hip?? Maybe it's because it's in a weight bearing area I don't know? 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

bonariensis

Hi Barton I'm hoping for all the very best for you. Symptoms do increase in proportion to anxiety.

Bonariensis

Barton

Thank you both for the good wishes. I'll keep you to that, Carolyn!

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Hiya Barton.
Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow and if all is well ...then I will treat you to a McDonalds ..you very first one ever.
Hugs xc
julzd

Good luck for tomorrow Barton il have everything crossed ❤❤❤
Barton

Well, it's my turn to ask for some good wishes from you all - I go for the results of my latest CT scan tomorrow, and am already thinking the worst! Have been coughing rather a lot (hoping it's chemo cough, not the more worrying alternative!), and have had some bone pain in my left hip. I know every single tiny weeny pain looms large in all our minds, and I'm trying to tell myself that I am imagining things, but it's really hard.

Hugs to all. Barton.x

Barton

Well done, bonariensis! Keep it up! That's what we all like to read.

Hugs. Barton.x

rosie53

Yippee, great news Bonariensis......another Stable Mabel!
Hugs Janette xxx
Carolyn52

Hooray ..you are now part of the stable Mabel club !!
Xxx
Waffles

Great news Bonaensis. Really pleased for you. xxx
HelenAquarius

Yippee! That's great news - so delighted for you :-))

HUGS!,,,,,

Helen x