1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCANXIETY!!

belinda

Re: SCANXIETY!!

I meant to add, for FF, before I knew your great 😀 results I had sent you a private message here, it was so lovely to hear from Kym! X

Stillhere

Congratulations, FF, that's wonderful news. I'm hoping Ibrance (palbociclib) gets approval in UK soon, I'm keen to take part in a new trial here called PIPA which combines it with 2 types of P13K inhibitors and eventually with fulvestrant as well.

I'm not joining the trial just yet, about to start fulvestrant only next week.

You must be thrilled to have a gap between scans, it sounds very positive xx

rosie53

Funnyface, yeyy that's great news 😉really pleased for you!!!

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

belinda

Whoo that's fabulous news FF! Enjoy this time of stability, wonderful. X
EJ81

Great news ff. Really pleased for you xx

Marie123

Yippee, I am so happy for you, enjoy it . Fantastic M xxxx

funnyface
Community Champion

Stable in some areas and improvement in some areas after 3 months of letrozole and ibrance. Onc said see you in January and we won't scan again until March unless I don't feel good!! Quite ecstatic! FF

Marie123

Hi Wolfie, thank you very much for your reply . I think a portacth could be the next step.  My HB has been ok , but I will keep an eye on it. Once again  thanks for your help , where would we be without each other Smiley Happy Marie xx

Ladywolf

Hi Marie

I hope you don't mind me butting in on this thread?

I have loads of probs with my veins (as we all do) however I also have reynaults together with Rheumatoid Arthritis... I'm not sure if you know but both these conditions can go hand in hand with each other and over 60% of people who have these diseases will have a low HB count.. Very common side effect according to my rheumatologist. They have fitted me with a portacath now and it's the best decision I've ever made..(I did have a pic line, but had probs with that).. No more hunt the vein 😆 But I have also done a lot of research on increasing my HB... I eat loads of iron rich foods and always ensure I drink orange juice with it as it helps the body absorb iron... Oxo cube drink is a massive boost when you are low...and it's a must to drink loads!!

I'm sorry if you already know all this info and I've taught you to suck.eggs!!! But your situation sounded similar to mine 😕

All the best
Wolfie xx

Marie123

Belinda, please return my sticky bun !!!

FF hope today went well for you, good luck for tomorrow .

My day went like clockwork, only problem 'veins' have  been told vein in left arm is getting hard. Cannot use right arm for injections etc. My veins have always been a problem , I have got Raynards so I know this doesn't help. Ladies should I be  worried ?

Hugs and cyber friendship to all.  M xxxx

funnyface
Community Champion

Oh no Belinda!! Take care of you! That must of taken all day to do. I hope it makes you feel better. FF

belinda

Yes and you can leave that bun with me Marie I will look after it very well. 😬

Sorry Marie, did not take in your post, good luck with your scan, you too Marirose.

A bit distracted, I was in hospital having three bags of the red stuff to build me up before starting chemo again on Thursday. 😬 

Marie123

Thank you, your good wishes are very much appreciated . Not  allowed to eat before, so there is a sticky bun with my name on it afterwards Hugs Marie

Spoiler
 xxx Marie  .  
Spoiler

Marirose

Hi FF  I will be holding cyber hands with Marie to send you all our love and best wishes for your results

Good luck with your scan Marie and anyone else out there awaiting results I will be joining you on the 19th when I have my scan this one is making me nervous because things seem to have changed over the past 6 weeks. I will have to wait 9 days to hear the results.

Best wishes to you all xxx

rosie53

Good luck Funnyface and Marie will be thinking about you both.

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

funnyface
Community Champion

Thanks Belinda, Marie, and EJ81! Forgetfulness is part of this chemo. Holding your hand Marie. Thursday when I get my results would have been my mom's birthday, so I'm hoping it's going to give me better luck.

belinda

Ah the very best of luck with your scan results FF. Will send you a PM tonight. X
Marie123

Hi FF, with you all the way on this. Have been on Letrozole for 3 months, scan tomorrow , results next week. Will be holding cyber hands with you across the pond tomorrow.  Higs Marie xxxx

EJ81

Good luck ff! Glad you get a quick turn-around.

I am waiting for a new date as I managed to miss my last scan! Totally forgot about it despite it having been on the calendar for weeks. Felt absolutely awful about wasting time and money and ended up in tears when I phoned to apologise. My onc was really sweet and said it was actually a good sign that I didn't have cancer at the front of m!y mind all the time and was getting on with life. Didn't stop me feeling like a complete idiot though! 

I hope everyone is doing well xxx

funnyface
Community Champion

Scan tomorrow results Thursday! Nervous! This is my first scan for my new treatment of ibrance and letrozole. FF

helen44

Hi Stresshead,

Sending lots of luck for your results - I hope you can be sorted out with a suitable treatment. Let us know how you get on.

Helen xx

stresshead

Fantastic news Helen.....so pleased for you. Hope you had a lovely Anniversary meal. I'm i the scanxiety zone at thre moment...scan tomorrow and seeing Onc on Thursday so probably results as well. I have had 2 treatments fail very quickly and am not expecting good news...hoping a bit of your luck rubs off. Take care.x

Barton

Well done, Helen! Excellent news. Long may it continue. Hugs. Barton.

funnyface
Community Champion

Wonderful news Helen!!

Lynnq

Hiya Helen   So pleased to hear your news.    Enjoy the bubbly.   Hope you enjoyed the cycling trip earlier on in the summer.  Not been posting much lately, but read most  days and always look out for your posts...

rosie53

Fantastic news Helen 😀you and your hubby enjoy that bubbly!!

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

EJ81

Always lovely to hear good news. Really pleased for you xxx

Marirose

Oooops well it is a double celebration

Marirose

Hi Helen  What great news on your CT results enjoy your d...

Hi Helen 

What great news on your CT results enjoy your double celebrations Happy AnniversarySmiley Happyxxx

Marirose

Hi Helen 

What great news on your CT results enjoy your double celebrations Happy AnniversarySmiley Happyxxx

nicky08
Community Champion

That's great news Helen 😄 really pleased for you. Enjoy the bubbly 🍸and a very happy anniversary 💖

Nicky x

helen44

Hi everyone,

After scananxiety for nearly 2 weeks, I had onc appointment yesterday and CT scan results stated that there was 'no evidence of disease progression'!!!!!!!!!!!! Liver lesions had disappeared & bone mets show no changes. I am very relieved that the ongoing treatment seems to be working (herceptin, exemestane, denosumab & zoladex) - long may it continue.

I have a bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge & going out for a meal tonight to celebrate (it's also our 21st wedding anniversary) - yay!

Good luck to all you lovely ladies with your treatments, thanks for your support.

Love Helen x Smiley Very Happy

nicky08
Community Champion

Great news Marirose, it's what we all like to hear about others. Hope the raising of the glasses went well and you have now got a while to relax away from scanxiety-land.
Nicky x

funnyface
Community Champion

Fantastic Marirose! Enjoy that beverage!

Jobey68

Fantastic news Marirose! Get that bottle open 🍸🍸🍸
belinda

Oh that is good news Marirose. 🙂 x
EJ81

Great news. Really pleased for you xxx

Marie123

Yippee, that's wonderful news . Yes I think a little drink of something nice is definitely in order. Enjoy M xxx
Marirose

Well I thought my treatment had stopped working because I thought I had a new lump in my breast also the registrar agreed last month it seemed to disappear this month. So when I saw my onc today for my results from the regular CT scan my first question was the lump she said everything was stable and no lump she said that sometimes you can get thickening tissues. How relieved I was and now 12 month on e/e combo I am considered as a long timer having had 14 cycles of everolimus. Tonight deserves a good drink.

Best Wishes for others getting scan results xxx

Tournesol

Thanks for the good wishes Smiley Happy

Marirose

Great news Tournesol it's what we like to hear xxx

EJ81

Great news tournesol (great name btw) really pleased for you xxx
Marie123

Tournesol, great news. Good news helps everyone.M
LemonDrizzle

Great news Tournesol - you must be so relieved x
belinda

Stable is good. 🙂 Great to hear this Tournesol. X
Tournesol

Hi all, bit late with my results as went back to work after my appointment so no time to post. My news was better than expected: the spot on my liver seen on a recent CT scan showed up as a benign hemangioma on the MRI. So overall the trial I'm on seems to be keeping things stable which is a relief.

Marie, I'm sorry that you didn't get good news today and really hope that the next treatment combo works well and with minimal side effects. I'm certainly missing my days on AIs and wish that I had been one of those people that get a good number of years on them - I hope that you will get a good long run on Letrozole.

EJ81, I'm glad that your results showed nothing unexpected and hope you've been able to celebrate.

All the best to anyone else getting results.

Tournesol x

LemonDrizzle

Great to hear your good news EJ - time to celebrate now!

Marie, so sorry your results weren't what we wanted them to be for you, but your new treatment will have the little buggers running away in no time x
EJ81

Thanks everyone. Marie, really sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. Here's hoping the new treatment blasts the buggers for a really long time xxx

belinda

Hope all is ok Tournesol. X
Anyone else having results today?
Take care all. X
rosie53

Great news EJ, glad your wait is over.  

Marie, sorry your results were not so good, I'm sure your new treatment will stop the little blitters in their tracks. 

Hugs Janette xxxx