Stable !

Hi 

I have Sbc and I was diagnosed back in sept 2019 with it in my breast, lymph node and liver. I had my second scan since finishing chemo and have  got a Stable scan result today. I know I should be pleased but mixed emotions. Is this normal ?! Suspected new lesion back in liver so will scan again in 2-3 months to check!!

Compared to many people I know I am incredibly fortunate right now as I only have to have herceptin and pertuzumab every 3 weeks and try to remain strong and positive for everyone to see. But it creeps up on you and then I am a crying mess!!! Any tips or advice welcome . X 

Hi Lisajt

That is fantastic news that your scans have come back stable!!! However, this secondary breast cancer journey is a complete rollercoaster! It’s totally normal to have mixed emotions!! But definitely celebrate the wins… 

If you’re feeling emotionally delicate at the moment just make sure you reach out to close family and friends for support and be extra kind to yourself!! Try and do three things which make you smile everyday!! Baking, walking a dog, buy yourself some flowers, your fave chocolates or have a hot bath, watch your fave comedy or movie. Take care of yourself.

But stable scans are what it’s all about. My mum has her first scans on the 19th Jan after her diagnosis of extensive bone mets in September. I’m extremely anxious. It’s all I think about. If her scans comes back “stable” I will be buying a bottle of bubbly!!! 

Hi Lisajt

I can imagine how you feel - I was given the ‘news’ 22nd December 2020 and since then I’ve tried my best but the dark thoughts take over during the night and when I get the news that someone’s journey has ended because of the beast. I keep myself busy during the day with full time work and family, this helps a lot and also (like you) I see myself as fortunate- I’ve coped well with the meds, injections and scans and I’ve  accepted the diagnosis was not confirmation that it was game over with immediate effect! Another coping mechanism for me is not talking about ‘it’… works a treat :slightly_smiling_face: this is why I love this forum, talking without talking to nearest and dearest.
Our diagnosis is similar, but I’m on letrozole, palbociclib and zoladex.
I hope you don’t mind me asking Is your treatment IV infusion? I’m wondering why if our diagnosis are similar then why our treatment aren’t  the same, trying to gather knowledge as ladies with more experience always express that we should be our own advocates. I’ll be getting my 1st year anniversary scan results in a week, fingers crossed for stable. 

TC B x

Hi Lisajt,

That’s wonderful news about your scan results, I am so pleased for you! xxx

I totally empathise with the mixed emotions, as I also experience them even when I get “good” news.  Totally agree with the others on being kind to yourself and keeping yourself busy as possible.  I find I do so much better when I don’t overload myself mentally with thoughts and when I’m too busy to worry about it xxx