cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling.....

17 REPLIES 17
Janey2

Re: Struggling.....

Sorry, Just seen I shouldn’t have posted on the other thread, wasn’t aware was only for confirmed secondaries x

Janey2

Hi Pawsome. I’m hoping no mets but that’s what they are scanning for. I have had pain in my ribs for a while. Feels like a toothache kind of pain, rather than a normal backache and worse when sitting or lying. Sometimes bearable other times not. I’m hoping it will be an old injury I didn’t know I had! I’ve spent the last few years worrying about a third primary and not given secondaries a thought! X

Pawsome

Hi - whereabouts are your bone mets? X

Janey2

Wouldn’t that be great. It did happen once with a lump found after diagnosis. That was the shortest ever wait! X

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hopefully she is right and that's what the scan will show - the waiting is awful though isn't it ? If only they could just do the blooming scan and tell you on the day !  

Janey2

Hi. Back from hospital. So lucky with the team here. No answers but reassured they’re on my case. More bloods taken and bone scan she hopes in the next 7 - 10 days. Back to clinic after and hope anything sinister can be ruled out. She mentioned it could just be an old injury I was unaware of, but won’t take chances. Have decided not to go back to work today, feeling a bit wobbly X

Janey2

I will and thank you xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

• Good luck - such a shame you can't take anyone for support at the moment .Pain is very depressing - I've been to pain clinic but it's tricky with this illness to get on top of unfortunately .Let us know how you get on 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Janey2

I’m so sorry you’re still trying to get the right treatment. Pain management is key and is what I’m hoping for, as hoping will be damage rather than anything sinister. My daughter is  going to take me in for 10.20 - she can’t come in but I can’t turn right driving! I’m assuming a chat with consultant and hoping will at least scan or X-ray to put mind at rest, but I guess that will be later on if so. Thanks as always for support x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes - at least being in an office would make it easier to distract yourself .Im still having a difficult time unfortunately - never had a days good health since my breast cancer diagnosis really (5 years )- I am hoping  to start a very expensive medication soon to help with bone condition ( nothing happens quickly - been almost 18 months now ) - in the meantime I having a lot of pain and weakness and breaking bones for fun ☹️ Just had 5 year mammogram back clear so now discharged from Oncology -but we know that doesn't mean cancer has buggered  off for good -I hope at some point they can work out why it rears its ugly head again years later .What time is your appointment tomorrow ?

Janey2

Thanks Jill I remember you going through the mill. I keep telling myself it’s probably all okay, but we never lose that niggling voice! I’ve spent all this time worrying about the risk of a third primary and not give secondaries a thought up till now. Working from home is odd, as if I were in an office I don’t think I’d be at work! Hope you’re doing okay xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Janey ,sorry you're having such a worrying time - hopefully this time tomorrow you will breathe a big sigh of relief.The actually provisionally diagnosed with with suspicious areas on multiple MRI scans but subsequently Oncologist realised it was a rare bone condition .Had a terrifying few weeks with that hanging over me so I have an idea how you feel.Jillx

Janey2

Consultant appointment tomorrow and trying not to overthink. Rib pain remains and worse when sitting down - not good for work! Hoping I will get some idea of what’s going on. It’s been a long wait 😩 x

Janey2

That’s a huge relief for you Sue. These tablets do cause a lot of issues xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Janey

Thank you for response. It turned out to be a fracture so huge sigh of relief 😌. I'm having another bone scan in a few weeks to check. Ive been put  on a bone strengthener to see if this helps and the pain has nearly gone. Sadly, I think letrozole causes alot of problems ( for me) including bone thinning.

I hope you get on OK at the drs.

Sue xx 

Janey2

Hi Sue. I think we both went through diagnosis at the same time in 2016. I’ve been to see my GP today with rib pain and trying not to panic. Have you had any answers? X

annieturner

Hi Sue

when it spread to my bones they put me on Oxycodone short tec 5mg. This is used every 4 hours or thereabouts and I’m also on one called long tec which is the higher long release one which is supposed to last 12 hours. This keeps pain under control for quite a long time.

Tell your oncologist about it x

Sue C
Community Champion

Struggling.....

Hi Ladies

Just needed to share my worries. 

For the last 3 months, I've been experiencing pain in my rib. After a bone scan and a ct scan, something has shown up, but they don't know what it is yet. Its only one isolated hot spot, with no other spread. I'm not optimistic. The pain isn't improving, especially at night. I've got a phone consultation tomorrow with the oncologist. What happens from here? How do you cope with the pain? Don't need this on top of the state of the country atm. It's all so stressful and the anxiety at times can be overwhelming. 

Thanks in advance

Sue xx