TNBC Recurrence

Need some guidance - diagnosed with TN in Feb 2014 - had chemo, double masectomy and radiation - finished everything at the end 2014.  Had check ups regularly until now - found new indent same place and biopsy comes back positive again - now pt scan and go from there.  My question - anyone just have it recurr local and no place else - doctor says wait and see and we go from there.  Other question is why wouldn’t they see the change in my blood work - or does it not work that way? 

Hi and welcome to the forum. At the moment I don’t think there are many secondary ladies with TNBC on here which is probably why you haven’t already had a reply. One of us will always try to respond when we have experience of someone’s treatment or  type of BC as that’s the only way we can offer advice. As your doctor has said it may be a case of seeing what the whole picture is before knowing what we can help with as by then your trearment plan will be sorted out. So, even if we can’t help with any advice/experiences for now please come back as we can offer support.

Nicky x

Hi RunawayNana, I love your name! I don’t have TNBC but after my primary in 1995 I had a local recurrence in 2009 along my mastectomy scar, treated with surgery, chemo, rads and hormone tablets, again in 2011 with more surgery and a different hormonal and again in 2013 where they were going to try more surgery in my axilla but a CT scan showed it had moved to a lymph node on my chest wall. Although it was all the same side that was inoperable.

Since then I have had a variety of treatments but I just thought that it might help to share my experiences of local/regional recurrences. Once you have the results of your scan your team will know what they are dealing with and can plan the best treatment for you x

I was diagnosed with tnbc in March 2014, had chemo, lumpectomy. Everything ok till now, diagnosed with tnbc again, same breast, but not the same place. I had masectomy with implatant. Now waiting for appoitment with my oncologist…my tumor now is 1 cm. I am looking also is there somebody who had tnbc twice? My english is not so good…:slight_smile: Regards

Hi, they found it during regular check up, ultrasound. Now, i am on carbo + xeloda.

Hi I’m current bun I have tnbc I first had it in 2006 and have had 11 years free I’ve now got it back for second time, I’ve had Mastomy and now waiting chemo they are going to give me gemcarbo,you have to keep positive I live my life as normal as I can,I will be there for anyone and let you know how my treatment goes good luck with your treatment

Hi
I have triple negative recurrence was diagnosed in 2015 finished treatment by end of year cancer back same bust 2017 had breast removed now starting Carboplatin next week. I have not found anyone else like myself so I understand how hard it is not to worry. My oncology team say that only 7 out of a hundred get recurrence so it was hard for them to give me percentages. I have looked all over but I am giving it all ago and hope for longer.this time round

Dear Tinarina, i had tnbc twice, same breast, after 3,5 y. I had mastectomy now, i am on carboplatin and xeloda, almost finished.