Terminal illness life cover

I was wondering if any ladies have made a claim on their life insurance under the terminal illness rules.

I have bc which has spread to my liver.

My insurance policy states that if It is thought that I have less than 12 months live it will pay out.
This isn’t critical illness cover.

While I very much intend to be here a lot longer than 12 months I’m aware that there are no guarantees of this.

Has anyone else claimed under similar circumstances?

Hi ftf
I also have liver bone and pleura mets tried for this last year and was turned down as onc said I had treatment options open to me. I was relieved to be honest at the time but I have a different onc now who said he would support any such applications and could word it in such a way to support application so I think it depends on your onc so have the conversation with them first . Good luck x

Thanks for the reply Sarahlew.
I’ve got an appointment with my oncologist next week so I’m going to ask. I’ve been looking through some old threads and most people with liver mets have managed to get it.
To be honest, it would make a huge difference at the minute.
It doesn’t look like I’ll be getting a new job this year as planned so things are very tight. It could pay off our debt and leave some cash in case I need private treatment. It would also mean my hubby didn’t need to work so much overtime when we should be spending time together.
I would of applied for PIP but was told by Macmillan that if I can shower myself and plan a journey I’ve got no chance.
Sorry for the ramble. ? xx

Yes definitely apply to make life more comfortable for you and your family also you should be getting dla under special rules so ask your oncologist about that too I had it as soon as diagnosed and I’m self caring x