Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Insurance

5 REPLIES 5
nicky08
Community Champion

Re: Travel Insurance

Hi Sarahlouise

Have a look at the travel insurance thread just above this one that you have started. It’s a ‘sticky’ thread (I think) which means it remains at the top of the front page as it’s a frequently asked question.

I have researched all sorts of companies over the 10 years I have been living with mets and it’s now interesting that some of the companies mentioned in your thread who would never insure mets for travel to America now do! Worth checking out the other thread as well as these suggestions as there are quite a few companies offering cover now, whereas they never did. The cheapest I’ve ever found has been Eurotunnel, for cover in Europe, I’m sure it’s under £30 or something for a single trip (they used to do USA etc as well which was even better value) . They don’t overload the premium, or the excess, and cover all pre existing conditions as long as you meet their medical criteria. You can view the criteria in the insurance documents on their website or phone up and speak to an advisor. There is none of the lengthy medical questions that so many companies ask, they just seem to use common sense. Ie you are fit to travel, not seeking treatment whilst away, condition is stable and you have not been told that you are terminal. This last question seems to cause some people with mets some issues however I have asked their advisors on at least 2 occasions what they class as terminal and their reply has been there is no more treatment available and you have been given weeks or months to live. Anyway it is up to the individual to make that decision.

Im sure you will find insurance and then can enjoy your visit to Polandin a few months. Holidays abroad have been one of The coping mechanisms I’ve used over the years, a time to forget this rubbish situation we find ourselves in and do something completely normal and enjoyable.

Nicky x

didi62

I have used Insure Pink a few times and find them very helpful and got quotes I was happy to pay to go on a cruise.I have stage 4 secondary cancer .I only go in Europe and have luckily never had to put a claim in so  have no experience of how they deal with any claims.Hope you can sort some insurance out soon   Didi.

Sarahlew

I have used MIA and insurewith both recently. Insurewith gave best quotes for Europe but wouldn't cover me for America ( I have a permanent chest drain) MIA were the only company that would provide cover for America. Good luck!
Kate21

I used a company called Mia Online Ltd based in Suffolk. They told me they could only do single trip but insured me for a week in America for about £150. They were recommended by someone at Macmillan and I found them to be very good (I am stage 4) x

Buzzing

We use Boots very reasonable £400 for the year does not include America's.   I was dx with bone mets October 17 and wanted full cover insurance. 

SarahLousie105

Travel Insurance

Hi 

Can anyone recomment a good travel insurance company. I am going to Poland in June and need some. I had secondary cancer diagnoised 3 years ago