Travel insurance

Hi i just had to let everyone know about Boots travel insurance. After my diagnosis of secondary BC to liver and lungs I informed my travel insurance company Saga, who my husband and I have annual insurance with. We have a holiday booked for Japan in April for our 40th wedding anniversary. I’m on hormone treatment and my oncologist says I’m  fit to travel. But Saga said no. They could’nt seem to accept that I have not been diagnosed as terminal and said im over the threshold for them to cover. They even advised that my husband go elsewhere too, as if he cancelled because of me, he wouldnt be covered. We have asked for a refund which will be given pro rata.  Several other insurances also said no. Which began to make me feel like a bit of a hopeless case. But then I rang Boots. Yes, all the same in-depth questions were asked but this time the answer was yes! Single trip cover was less than £300 for me £400 for us both. All detailed documents were sent for us to read and approve. I can’t tell you how it felt to find an empathetic listener who agreed to cover me for what should be a fantastic holiday. Thank you Boots! I just need to stay well enough to travel when the time comes☺x

Thanks for posting this Nellie.  It’s good to know about as us secondary BC ladies do suffer from discrimination when it comes to travel insurance.  Another lady recently, as in this week, said that Boots covered her for  trip to USA - well done Boots.

If you have the time could you add your comments/post to the travel insurance thread that has been going for some years now?  You can cut and paste if you want and not need to re-type.  I’ll find the thread and bump it up the page as it tends to disappear at times to pages 2, 3 and beyond!

Enjoy you holiday and anniversary, congratulations.

Nicky xx

Sorry Nicky haven’t got a clue how to cut and paste it all. I have tried ?xx

Boots and Staysure wouldn’t insure me when I applied online. AllClear did and a very good price so I would recommend them for a fairly simple form and can be done online. 

Hi Nellie,

Thank you for suggesting Boots, I’ve been accepted by them this evening. I was declined by 2 others before that and was getting stressed but I applied online and it’s a ‘yes’ from them. My partner and I are going to Malta later in the year. 

I hope you’re keeping well and what a fantastic holiday you and hubby have to look forward to :heart:

xxxxxxxx