cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple negative secondaries/ recurrences

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Triple negative secondaries/ recurrences

Good evening. Thanks for the advice re the Gel Clair Sandra and Jo - Will certainly give it a try. My day back at work after 2 months went really well and everyone was really supportive. So I'm enjoying feeling useful there! Tired now so off to bed. But just wanted to say hi and send hugs to you all. Tara xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hiya all lovely ladies

I've had chemo today, just got back home. Feeling tired now tho.

Like Jo said on earlier post - coping just, Tina was such a caring and supportive lady, its just not fair. Don't know what to say. 😞

Tara. I have had gel Clair for mouth ulcers, but my chemo nurse suggested fresh pineapple, which has some enzymes to react to ulcers. It worked well for me, maybe worth a try.x
Lulu thanks for PM, x
Hi Sadie, lulu,Jo,LLass,Tara, Sarah,Laura,and all others on here

Hugs(()))
Sandra xxx

Lavenderlassie

Just to say I am thinking about Ian and Dan and all Tina's family
and all on this thread reeling from the loss of lovely Tina, hugs all round, you know who you are
Lavender
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
Keep losing my posts in cyber, hope you are all coping as know I'm finding it very hard to believe Tina has gone.
I can't believe she was at the airport and then deteriorated so suddenly after enduring wbr and determined to start chemo. She was so supportive and always had hope so that is something our little group must hang onto -HOPE.
I keep thinking of her family and Find it frightening as my 1.5 and 3.5 yr old don't really understand anything so you can't really talk to them as I do older two.
After losing three lovely ladies in a row we need some good news.
Tara - I was given gel clear for ulcers and v good. Is pres only or onc unit have it. I use 3 x day mouthwash. They also told me to brush teeth after eating.
Sadie- is your pneumonia better ? When do u start trial.

Hope laura, Zilli, Sandra, lulu you are all okay
Thankyou for your support lurkers as we appreciate it
Love and hugs
Jo x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Ian, I am so very shocked and sad to hear about Tina. I had an email from her just before you were due to go to Disneyland but as I was in Fuerteventura I didn't pick it up for a few days and assumed you'd managed to get away ok. I am so very sorry. Tina was a great support to me from the time I was diagnosed and more recently when we lost another lovely lady. She was such a fabulous person and so kind and thoughtful of others even when she wasn't feeling well herself. I'll miss her very much and my thoughts are with you and your little boy x

NIM41

Goodmorning lovely ladies

I thought I would send you a message of support and to encourage you to keep going on this thread. These are very sad and devastating times and you're grieving for someone you felt you knew so well, yet you never met. Quite extraordinary.
I have often felt that the ladies (and gents) on the threads understand so much better what we're going through than some of our friends and family in the outside world. There are no limits as to what we can share here. Therefore, yes, Tina was a very special lady, I never met her, I never pm'd her, but was drawn in to read her posts.
Keep going girls, continue to be each others pillar of support. Keep posting. We, the lurkers are with you all the way!

Nikki x

Guest user
Not applicable

Aw Lulu. Hugs xx

Lulu34

😞

mfb

Dear Ladies,

I am so very saddened by the news that has clearly affected many of those on the BCC website and on a more personal level those of you who called Tina your friend, it does not matter if you had not met, you were still friends who shared, supported and cared so much for each other - and continue to do so.

Tina lives on in such an incredible way in the memories of so many; a fitting tribute to Tina and to each and every one of you that hold her dear.

Sx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Sadie and Laura. Thanks for keeping on keeping on. For sure that is the only way. Yes it is a good poem and gives a helpful take on appreciating how important Tina has been to so many.

Thank you to all the lovely lurkers and occasional visitors. Really appreciate the swell of support from out there.

How are the rest of the troops? Perhaps not a good word, but it has been tough going on here, but the flip side is the closeness it brings us and for that we have Tina and each other to thank. It is hard to update on little things because it all seems so trivial, but we have to keep that door open because this is why we are here.

Anyway. I am off to work for the first time in a few months. They have been so supportive and still pay me part time to work from home. But tomorrow I go in for a meeting to present some of the work I have been sort of beavering away at. I know I am not working at full tilt but I am pleased with what I have done so far. So fingers crossed that my boss will be happy...

Still managing ok on the Cap. Not sleeping well which isn't like me at all. Lavender - am keeping the splits at bay. Jo - ulcers starting but really being careful not to eat sweet stuff which seems to make it worse. Are you restarting Cap soon? (Perhaps you have already said - so sorry if I am repeating). Sandra, Lulu, Zile and any others - how are you?

Love to you all and hugs.

Tara xx

moser

Ladies, I have just posted on the in memory thread but I wanted to say it to you too - I have only just come on to the forums after several days away, I am so sorry everyone! Hugs and Love, Mo xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all it's been a hard day today miss Tina's posting still don't feel real sadie how are u now as the pnu settled I'm on my 7 cycle still no probs at moe we need to kp this thread going for dear Tina love to u all hugs Laura xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Goodevening everyone. Hows the day been?

Thank you to everone who has posted here realising the enormous inpact loosing Tina has had on all of us here. We are a fairly tight bunch and in many ways I feel the friends I have here are more intouch with the reality of my life than the friends I have in my day to day life. The ripples of loss are stretching far and wide - thank you for your support.

Tara and Laura - sounds like you both felt as lost as I did this morning! There is a wonderful poem on Tina's RIP thread posted by kevinj that sums things up wonderfully:

You can shed tears that she is gone,
Or you can smile because she lived,
You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back,
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love that you shared,
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she is gone
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on,
You can cry and close your mind be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what she would want: smile, open your eyes,Love and go on

I hope it is Ok to copy here - I just thought it was wonderful!

Lulu - ive pmed you back. Thank you again for such a moving message. Hugs

Zile - How are you doing? Thinking of you lots as I know you has receintly shared pms with Tina as had the WBR at the same time. Hope you are ok?

Gentle hugs and strong friendship to evereone else in our gang. Please lets keep this thread strong.

Sadie Xx Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

To all of you who knew ginger bud, I hope you find as much comfort and support as she obviously found from you. Much love, nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

Just posting to keep posting as Sadie said. No words. Hugs to all. Tara xxx

janipi

Another lurker shocked to hear the news. What a wonderful supportive lady. So positive and determined. Thinking of you all. Wishing you strength. Hugs to all xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning sadie so hard to know wat to say just wanted to say hi and give you all a hug thinking of poor Tina's family hugs to everyone xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone - don't know what to say or where to start.........just wanted to connect with everyone.

My thoughts are with Tina, her family and friends. Eventhough we never met I really would class Tina as one of my best friends. She just 'got it' and I can't believe this sentence is in the past tense. It makes it all so very real. I miss her now, tomorrow and all the tomorrows that we have that she does not.

I hope all of you are ok - bit of a silly thing to say really, I don't think any of us are. Keep posting!

Warm strong hugs,

Sadie Xx Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Seems we are keeping a night vigil. Am feeling the same Laura and thinking of Tina, her loved ones and all of you on here. Have my candle for Tina lit. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just had to post again can't sleep thinking of our lovely Tina still can't belive it i shall miss her post so much and miss her thinking of her poor family it's brings it home to all of us when we get bad news how precious how time is pls let us carry on posting in memory of our dear lovely friend we will all miss u so much tina love to all of her family and to everyone reading this thread Laura xx

Lulu34

I feel so awful as I haven't been on here much over the last week but I never for one minute thought I would return to this thouroughly devastating news about our wonderful Tina..... I'm just gutted! she was always so supportive and caring about others even when she was faced with such awful news herself. Such a thoughtful loving lady who I will miss very much.

Im just so so sad and can't really see what I'm typing for crying... This is so crap.

Deepest sympathy to Ian and Dan and everyone who loved her.

all my love lulu xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Ian
I am so sad to hear the news about Tina. She seemed so full of life even when things were really bad. We pm'd after her brain mets were found as she knew I had a similar diagnosis. Even though she initially contacted me to ask me questions it actually felt like she was supporting me rather than the other way round, but I think that's just the kind of person she was.
She was so full of love for everyone. She will be missed terribly by us all.
Melissa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Ian,

I am so shocked by this terrible news about Tina passing away. It is so unfair. My thoughts and prayers are with you, little Dan and the rest of the family.

RIP Tina... I know you are there with angels now, painfree...

Love to everyone else too.

Zeljka x

Guest user
Not applicable

What terribly sad news. It's just utterly cruel and unfair. Ian, lots of people have already said how caring Tina was about others' problems in spite of her own immense struggle to stay alive. Can I just point out to those who haven't necessarily been following the whole story that Tina was posting here about her condition and expressing her usual thoughtful concern for others just days before she died. May I also add that yes, her love for you and your little boy was deeply woven into every post she wrote. I sincerely hope that in time you will be able to carry away with you some comfort from the many heartfelt good wishes sent to you and Dan from the BCC community.

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear friends all
Had been so worried over the weekend but hardly dared to say. So I just kept posting and praying. But now our lovely Tina has gone. So so sad. I'm not answering my phone if I can help it tonight. Just want to hold Tina and her family in my thoughts. How amazing that she was thinking of us even when she couldn't post.
Love to you all and shared thoughts tonight.
Tara xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Ian. Ithank you for posting on here, I'm shocked and stunned, Tina was such a support to me, and lots of others on the TN page. My deepest sympathy to you and Tina's parents too.
Rest in Peace Tina

Thoughts and Prayers are with you at this time.
Will light a candle for Tina tonight.

Love n hugs to all TN women

Sandra xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Ian
So very sorry to hear this saddest of news. Thank you for posting at this difficult time. My thoughts are with you and Dan and the other members of Tina's family. Tina was able to share her experiences with us in a way that helped us to feel less alone. I can't imagine how she kept track of us all but somehow she did even when she was going through tough times.
We will be here if you want to visit this very special thread that was started by your wonderful Tina.
Take good care.
Tara xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Ian I'm so so sorry to hear this terribble news I've been friends with Tina I only emailed her last night to see how she was she was a gd friend and a lovely girl who helped many of us tn ladies she wanted to do so much and dan like you sd was her life I can't belive she as gone to upset to post thinking of u Ian ESP dan and her parents thinking of u all Laura xx

xwelcomex

Stunned. I only visit these boards occasionally now and was so very sorry to see this. Gingerbud and I were diagnosed at the same time and there is no good reason why I am here and she isn't.

She was dealt a cXXp hand but still managed to help and inspire others, as the moving posts here and on the in memoriam threads show. Rest easy now Tina. xxx

Lavenderlassie

And my best wishes to all of this thread TN girls, primaries of recurrences, lurkers or posters.
Tina was one of the most precious links on this thread and her loss affects us all. I send you all lots of love and best wishes. I think Sadie put it wonderfully, to try to live a bit every day for Tina.
Love from Lavender

Lavenderlassie

Dear Ian,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your lovely Tina. She became our lovely Tina, too, on this thread especially as she cheered us all on, even when she was feeling rough.
I pray that you are surrounded by people who can help you and Dan and Tina's family through this terrible time.
RIP Tina

from Lavender

Guest user
Not applicable

Ian
Am so sad to hear about Tina, I regularly look at this thread to see how Tina is doing and have been terribly moved by her guts and determination. She cared so much about you and Dan, plus the countless women she offered advice and support to on this forum. Big condolences to you and your family. XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Ian
I am devastated to hear Tina passed away as only a few days before so excited about going to eurodisney.
You, Dan and her patents are in my prayers and thoughts. Thankyou that you took the time to let us know at such a terrible time for you. I remember when I joined the forum how helpful she was. Her love for Dan and you shone through and I admired how she packed so much into her life even when Ill. She was so selfless and kind and loving to us all on this thread even when she was having hard times herself. We will all miss her too and hope the massive void in your lives she has left can in time be helped by memories of what an inspirational, determined amazing person she was. I pray you rest in peace Tina and suffer no more pain.
Love Jo x

Ninja

Deep sympathies and hugs to all

Guest user
Not applicable

Devastated to hear the news about Tina. I have posted in the In Memory thread but just wanted to offer a big hug to all the TN ladies on losing a much loved friend xx

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry for your loss x

sandra4

Ian,
I am shocked and devastated to hear about Tina.
Too much sadness, Far too young.

My Love and Thoughts are with you and your young son.
Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

So devastated to hear of Tina's death. I was hoping so hard she would come back after all she had been through in the last few months.

She was a real star on the forums and even when she was having an awful time herself, always found the time to reassure and support others.

Ian, I hope that all of the great memories you have of Tina will help you, Dan and Tina's family through this difficult time.

To all the TN women, so very sorry that you have lost such a wonderful member of your community.

Rest in peace Tina

Laurie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Cant post - devastated.

Sadie Xx Xx

Tina - so glad i knew you. Just so wish it was for longer. I will live a part of each precious day for you.

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Ian
I was another lurker on this site and followed TIna's posts. In fact, I private messaged her on Friday to tell her what an inspiration she had been to me- her posts got me out of my bed when I was feeling sorry for myself. She truly was inspirational and the love for your wee boy shone through. I will remember her. I really want to let you know my prayers and thoughts are with you and your wee boy.

sarah68

Posted on the memory thread, but wanted to share my sorrow at the very sad passing of Tina. We won't forget her.

Love to all, Sarah xxxx

nicky08
Community Champion

I am so shocked and saddened by this news of Tina, and have posted on the In memory thread.
I just wanted add, as a lurker, that I am thinking of all you TNS ladies who have been going through such a dreadful time recently. I hope you know you are supported by so many of us non TNS ladies as well. Thinking of you all and special memories of Tina at this sad time.
Nicky xx

horace

So sorry to read this.Another wonderful lady has been taken far to soon by this awful disease.
RIP Tina

Val

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Ian.
My heartfelt sympathies go to you and Daniel. Tina was an inspiration with her advice to others. she fought this is disease all the way. May she rest peace may her pain be gone. heaven has taken another angel .
RIP Gingerbud passed
Louise

tors

I really don't know what to say, I am so upset by this. Ian, thank you for updating us. From what I have known of Tina from my two years on this forum, she very much thought of other people and it seems typical of her to try and ensure all of her cyber buddies knew what had happened. I was gutted to read that Tina hadn't made it to eurodisney, and when she didn't post updates on her health over the weekend I had a really bad feeling, as she always tried to keep us updated. I will cherish every memory I have of Tina, she has been a great source of comfort, support, wisdom and information to me and, no doubt, to a great many people on this forum. Her willingness to share what she was going through has helped a lot of people. Her love for her little Dan and you shone through in every post she made. I am so very sorry that she has been snatched away like this, but I am sure she is now in a pain free place, being the old Tina, and directing things from the sidelines. Thank you so much for posting at this most difficult of times, and I send my love to you, Dan, and Tina's parents.

Rest in peace now Tina, you did fantastic through a totally sh*tty time. Much love

Vickie
Xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I don't know what to say. I have followed Tina ever since she responded to my posts for help! She helped me so much and has always inspired me with her strength. I re read her advice frequently when I need a "pep talk". I am more of a fighter because of her. I didn't post much, but thought about her often! This is the saddest news. Sleep well lovely lady and much love to her boys. Gailx

Also just wanted to send my love & prayers to the other ladies that shared this thread with Tina,love, strength & prayers to you all.xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Ian

I'm another lurker who followed this thread, I am truly sorry for your loss. Tina was an inspiration to so many people. God bless you and Daniel, and to every one on this thread.

Karen

Mezzomamma

Dear Ian

My sincere condolences to you and to little Dan. You are in my prayers.

Cheryl

Mezzomamma

Dear Ian

My sincere condolences to you and to little Dan. You are in my prayers.

Cheryl