Worried! New bone mets and bone marrow mets

I thought I just had a little progression in my bones but now bone marrow has been affected. Platelets sitting at 55. Should be up at least 100. Everything else okay. 

Onc says if this weekly taxol doesn’t work nothing will! Pretty scared. Have been healthy and stable for 3.5 years. Have heard taxol doesn’t work for some people. Anyone else had success with it? 

Hi Mulligans,

Sorry to see you haven’t had a response yet, I’m sure someone will be along shortly to continue the conversation.

In the meantime, if you would like to speak to a clinical expert about Taxol or just for support in general, you can call them on our free helpline on 0808 800 6000 - Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm.

Sending you our very best wishes,

Saskia

Digital Community Assistant 

Hi Mulligans

I’m on paclitaxol for secondary breast cancer in the liver and bones and now in bone marrow. my platelets have dropped to 65 and keep dropping. Have you had your chemo cancelled because your platelets are below 100?  I’ve had two cancelled but have insisted on the others going ahead because I’m worried about not receiving any treatment. Would be great to hear from you. Hugs xx