secondary breast cancer spread to liver, then had liver resection, been told its a cure for cancer ?

before I had liver operation I was advised the treatment was working and my cancer had shrunk from 5cm to 3.1cm the surgeon advised that he has known people to still be here 10 years later without cancer coming back but said he is not god and could not say how long I would have to live but this operation would give me the best chance.

I was then taken into another room where I had to sign for cancer research to take my cancer after the operation  and the cancer research lady said the operation I was about to have is a virtual cure.

I was shocked with what she had said as I was advised by my oncologist that I had probably 2 years to live and the longest they have known anyone to live with my type of cancer was 4 years and now I was being told that this is a cure. 

I asked was she sure and was told that it is not documented and I would not find it in any journals but it is a virtual cure not for everyone but this is the best thing out there for a cure  and said again this is a cure.

I could not believe what I was hearing. I had the operation on 15th Sep 2020 and still recovering and in a bad way in a lot of pain and discomfort and coldness throughout my body and my fingertips are ice cold 

after the operation whilst I was still in hospital the surgeon come to see me as I was in a bad way after the operation and said he was very pleased with the way the operation went and he said statically I would have a better chance now and statically 5 years now to live.

I was left confused with this as was advised that the operation would be a cure and now being told that I may have a bit longer to live and may live 5 years instead of two years but what happened to the cure

I was told. when I got released from hospital a week later I spoke to my oncologist who was shocked to learn that the hospital stopped all my treatment 3 weeks prior to operation and when I told her what cancer researched said about the operation being a cure. I could tell by the way she acted and sounded that this was not the case.

the oncologist said she has been chasing the hospital each day to get the staging of the cancer that was removed. 

this confused me even more as knew I had stage 4 cancer that had been removed and now I am told they need to find the staging of the cancer itself and then they would contact me regarding this

and now I have received a letter advising that the oncologist want to see me in the hospital next week to talk to me to discuss.

I am left again shaken and scared and very confused with it all. has anyone else had a liver resection ? any advise would be very much appreciated as i am very confused and scared.

Hi Kelliebear,

Sorry to hear you are struggling with the after effects of your op, it is a big op I understand I hope they improve quickly for you. 

you seem to have been given an awful lot of at times conflicting and confusing information from a number of people, I hope your meeting with the oncologist provides clarity. You might want to prepare a list of questions. Best of luck, let us know how you get on please?

Ruby xx