Baby sister is taking her diagnose better than me

My baby sister was diagnose having breast cancer just last week…I was with her at her side when her doctor and nurse were talking to her…Sis said it is what it is…but I am not ready to loose another sister to cancer…we buried a sister in the year of 2007 from Squamous Cell Cancer…I just taking the news very well…My baby sister and I are very close and alwys have been…She not just my baby sister but she is my best friend…

I try my best to hold back the tears and how I am feeling for I push them deep down inside so I can be strong for my baby sister…I am not doing it so well. I don’t cry in front of her…or show her my weakness…I am however very concern for I am not ready to loose another sister or even ready to bury another sister…We just lost our Mother on April 25, 2016…and my baby sister lost her husband on June 17, 2016…

I am suppose to be the strong one…for I am her older sister now…I am also the sensive one…that don’t tak ebad news very well…I be honest since I was with my baby sister and they gave her the bad news I am falled apart…I am also trying to stand strong for my baby sister…

Hi lilsisterdp58, 

I am really sorry to hear you and your sister are going through this difficult time. I am sure some of users will be along soon to support.

Please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000. They will be able to talk through any questions you may have, the worries you have been experiencing and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through after all you have already had to deal with. I too am supporting my little sis thru breast cancer, it is the most horrendous thing to have to do, you want to be strong for their sake but inside it kills you. I lost my best friend of 35yrs four years ago. Seeing what she went through was so difficult and now thinking my sister have to go through the same is breaking my heart. This is such a cruel didsease. Talking to other people going through the same helps. I hope you find the strength you need xxx