How to help

A close friend of mine will be undergoing a mastectomy and reconstruction later this week. I don’t want to buy her flowers or anything like that and was hoping you could perhaps give me some ideas for things that I could put into a gift basket to help make her time in hospital ‘post op’ more bearable and comfortable. She’s a very positive practical young woman with a fab sense of humour and if asked she would definitely ask for a bottle of champagne to go into her ‘hospital survival kit’ but I’m not sure it would be allowed :slight_smile: also is there anything that I could put in for her hubby to help him through the hospital stay? Any suggestions very gratefully recieved xx

Hi TNF2066 and welcome to the BCC forums

What a lovely thought, I am sure your fellow users will be along soon with suggestions and ideas for you

Best wishes

Lucy BCC

This might be a bit late but my friends did a basket for me. Random things like books with funny quotes, mindless magazines, baby/face wipes as not allowed to use deoderant. She will have drain bags in so I had some big ribbons to tie round them.

Hope this helps