My wee sis

I know this is not breast cancer related but I have to write this down to believe it. Got word yesterday that my lovely wee sis has a terminal DX with a brain tumour. We are all devastated and all I can think is why have i survived wnen she wont.
I hate cancer.

So sorry, that really sucks. There are no answers to the ‘why’ question. Please don’t do the guilt thing, it won’t help you or her.

If it’s OK with you I’ll keep you all in my prayers - good thoughts if you prefer.

Hug and shared bewilderment.

Such awful news.

I have no words just tears in my eyes as I type you a big hug.

Elli xx

Dear Evertonbabe
I’m so sorry to hear this terrible news. Having also had experience of other cancers within the family and knowing how that feels, I so sympathise with how you must be feeling right now. My thoughts are with you and your dear sister and family.
Hugs
Amy xxx

Couldn’t read and run. Just wanted to send you and your sister a hug.

Debx

Hi Everton Babe,

So sorry to hear about your sister. I know how you feel as my wee sister has just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Like you I am still in a state of shock. As Revcat says there is no answer to the ‘why’ question but it is still so very difficult.

I have talked to a nurse counsellor in Maggie’s and he has been very helpful and informative.

One thing which makes it worse for us is that our Mum is 92 and in a nursing home with dementia. I can’t make sense of it all.

Big hugs to you and your wee sis.

Take care, love, Liz,x

Hi Everton Babe

Very sorry to hear about your sister. I lost a close friend in Feb to Cancer, ita a rotten disease.

Thinking of you and your family.

Carolyn x

I am so saddened to hear of both your situations. I cannot imagine the agony you are going through with such devestating news regarding your sisters. My heart goes out to you both and I hope you have a strong family and friends who will be able to support you and your sisters at this time. Cancer is such a terrible cruel disease…

sorry to hear about your sister its an awful disease and none of us deserve the heartbreak it brings to family and friends. take care xxx

Thanks to all my BCC ‘family’ for your kind words, thoughts and prayers too -Thanks Rev Cat- much needed.

We have been told she does not have long, her four children were with her last night when she told them the awful news. She is so brave and is only thinking of us.

The plan is to get her home ASAP and spend time together as a family.

Strength to everyone with the same agonising news

Cathie x

so sorry to hear this. The amount of suffering this disease causes is immense. My thoughts are with your sister, you and all the family. x

Oh Cathie , I have just read your post. What sad news for your family. My heart goes out to you al. I dont really know what else to say.
Cherish the time when she comes home and you are all together.

Love and hugs

sue xxxxx

Hi Sue

Lovely to hear from you and hope you are doing good. Thanks so much for your message, but it still is hard to believe what’s happened.

Take care
Cathie xx

My lovely sister lost her life to cancer on 24th May. So sad, so angry, so lost without her. R.I.P.

just sending you a big hug - life is so cruel sometimes. her suffering is over now at least. Treasure all the happy memories you had, you sound a close an careing sister i am sure she knew she was loved right up till the end. Be kind to yourself x
Caroline

Everton Babe,
I am SO sad to read this. Thinking of you, and of course, your sister’s children and all your family.
Wishing you all peace and comfort.
With love.
Verity C
xx

Everton Babe, I am so sorry to read this.

There is nothing I can say that will ease your grief at the untimely death of your wee sister, but at least any suffering and pain she endured in her final weeks is now over and she able to rest in peace.

I really hope that your memories of her will bring you smiles (even through your tears) and comfort. She will have known to the end how much you loved her, and I am sure would want you to live life as fully as you possibly can.

Big hug.

RIP Everton Babe’s Sister

My sister has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has had a lumpectomy. She has also had a biopsy on her lymph nodes to see if the cancer has spread. She is now waiting to hear the results and is seeing the consultant on Monday. I can only hope and pray that the results will be good. In any event she will have to have a course of radiotherapy, probably starting at the end of November. My thoughts are with everybody who is having to cope with cancer, whichever sort it is. I have lost two friends recently, one with liver cancer and the other with breast cancer. It is a horrible, cruel disease.