Regular live chat for children??

Hi all,
I was just wondering how many people would be interested in attending a regular live chat session (be it weekly or every two weeks etc) to talk to others in the same position? I am 25 and my mum has secondary breast cancer and I find it difficult to talk to others about how i’m feeling etc and don’t want to talk to people on teh phone. Having a live chat to me is easier because you can be yourself and not have to worry about people seeing your emotions etc. I would love there to be a regualar chat group for people like myself who’s parents or brother/sister have breast cancer at any level. Would anyone else be interested? The more people that would like this to happen would make it be more feasible to do. We can all support each other! Thanks for reading. Annabel xx

Hi annabel, Yes I would def join in. As you know my mum has secondaries too so would be good to talk top others in similar situation.
Sarah xx

I’d be interested in a regular chat - my mum was diagnosed with BC last September, had mastectomy, chemo, radio etc and finished that this May. Now, 5 months on it has spread to her hips and we’re waiting to hear if its gone anywhere else. We only got the news yesterday so i’m struggling to cope with the shock of it all and understand what it means for her future xxx

Dear rachepops

Welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will receive help and support from your fellow users. in addition please feel free to call our helpline for a listening ear and information about further support for you and your Mum, the line is open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000.

Take care
Lucy

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your response. It is really difficult when you first find out. I didn’t know how to feel and what to do when Mum told me hers had spread - she has secondary cancer after it spread from her breast to other areas. Are you an only child or do you have any brothers or sisters? How are they coping and are you talking to each other about it? You are more than welcome to message me if you want to chat more. Stay strong. Annabel xx