Tired

Tiredness and Fatigue. Two very different experiences I know but my I’m oh so tired. One year on from diagnosis for my OH and she’s been through so much but when I find myself looking back a year I realise how tired I am now. Sort of lost my Mojo big time.

Hi - I have no doubt!! Sometimes people don’t realise its hard for the OHs as well - you are our rocks, support, carers - everything and you are also going through the emotional stuff just as much. I recommend you book up a holiday for the two of you to just chill out, relax, sleep and enjoy each other!

Jan
X

I second Jan’s suggestion. It doesn’t have to be anything mad, even just a weekend break at the seaside where you can get out in the fresh air and walk along the beach, or just sit and watch the world go by.

You other halves go through every step with us, and even if you don’t get the poisons pumped into you, you certainly suffer the consequences with our moods, tears, tiredness, uncertainty, nausea, unpredictability and general out-of-sorts-ness. You are our rocks, and that’s a tough job. Well done to you all, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for just being there and taking all that the disease, and your loved ones, throw at you.

No wonder you’re exhausted!

Hi there loner.com

As others have said, it’s not unusual for partners to experience fatigue, etc.

I thought you might be interested in our publication aimed at partners of those with a breast cancer diagnosis.

Here’s the link to the publication which I hope you find useful:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/in_it_together.pdf

Kind regards.

Louise
Facilitator

It is tiring. I suspect depression may also be creeping in. I know it got me to the edge again.

Having said that, a year on from diagnosis if all has gone well the most agressive stages of treatment should be at an end, and either the hormone receptive treatments like herceptin and Tamoxifen or if TNBC all treatment may be over.

That means she can be starting to recover from treatment. It will take time to get back to normal, but there should be light at the end of the tunnel.

Paul.