Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shooting and burning pain after reconstruction

6 REPLIES 6
TraceyJ_BCN

Re: shooting and burning pain after reconstruction

Hi Janet,

I am so sorry to hear about the issues that your daughter is facing after her surgery. Our Ask Our Nurses email service, Helpline (0808 8006000) and Someone Like Me service may all be possible avenues of support and advice for you and your daughter. I work on the Someone Like Me service, where we can match people up to a volunteer who has had a similar experience, or faced similar issues. We have volunteers who are mothers who have expereince of supporting a daughter through a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment for example. You can email us at someonelikeme@breastcancercare.org.uk or call us on 0114 263 6490. I hope this is of some help,

Tracey

JanetF

Thank you for your email.  We are certainly going to ask the question. Regards Janet 

Daisy1975

Could they have trapped a nerve during surgery? They may be able to see this with scans?
Kiki2

I had the implant recon one side with pigskin mesh and only sentinel node biopsy so not really comparable but I suspect the pain is probably from the clearance as I still have stiffness under my arm 18 months later. Could it be cording ? Has she been able to do all the physio exercises and are they any help? It doesn't sound a normal amount of pain to me , can she go back to see the surgeon? Sorry can't be more help. Xx

JanetF

A bi lateral mastectomy with auxiliary node clearence then temporarily expanders in May 2015. On the then13th October a full Breast  augmentation with immediate implant  exchange. So only three weeks post op. Though the pain has been ongoing since May 2015 

Kiki2

What type of reconstruction did she have and how recently? X
JanetF

shooting and burning pain after reconstruction

Over the last 20 months my daughter has finally completed her reconstruction after a double mastectomy. Though, we can't seem to manage the shooting and burning pain to her right side with day to day pain relief.  I am desperate to know if others have had it and how they have have made there life more comfortable.  It's heartbreaking to see her quality of life affected by this.  She is trying to be strong and know it's breaking her inside.  The team and everyone have been fantastic to get her to this stage, though we don't seem to be getting the advice on how to manage this pain. Even if I can identify a group/forum with similier women that are managing or going through this. It might help her to talk as with family she is trying to be strong. Any help would be appreciated.