cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Operation

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 2nd Operation

Hi Steffih,

Thanks for getting back to me.  It's reassuring to know that your making a good recovery and feeling good.  It's an irrational fear I have.  The thought of opening up a healing wound.  xx

Re: 2nd Operation

Hi, Caz, I had a second operation 3 weeks after the original operation, to have more lymphnodes removed and during that operation the surgeon opened up my breast wound from the lumpectomy to drain a haematoma and stitched it up again. It wasn't more painful than the original pain, and they gave me lots of painkillers, so it was bearable, but I can understand your fear. The second operation is now 4 weeks ago and I feel really good, it's pretty amazing to me how quickly the body heals itself. I hope it all goes well xx

2nd Operation

I am new to this forum.  I had a 35mm tumour removed and radiotherapy given into the cavity (having had previous mantle radiotherapy for a lymphoma 26 years ago).  Unfortunately, at my follow-up appointment, I was told that clear margins were taken except for a small amount of pre-cancerous cells at one edge.  I am having further surgery in 2 days time, which is 10 days after the original surgery to remove the pre-cancerous cells.  I am also going to have several needle biopsies taken during the operation.   I'm very nervous about this procedure.  I still feel tender from the previous operation and the thought of the surgeon opening me up again is frightening.

Has anywone else had experience of this happening to them?