Anyone had Tissue Expanders for years?

Hi, I had my mastectomy 3.5 years ago n had an expander so that I could have a diep when I lost weight……. We then went into lockdown so that delayed things anyway but now I am even bigger n starting to panic about what’s going to happen!

Anyway, just wondered if there is anyone else out there who has had them as long as me, until this week it just used to annoy me every now and again but now I have quite a bit of pain especially round the port…… anyone had similar?

Thanks for reading

Sharon 

Hi Shaz1969

I’m sorry you haven’t received a response yet. If you would like to talk things through with someone in the mean time, our friendly nurses are available to lend a listening ear on our confidential Helpline.

You can reach them on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Nurses in the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum and they can respond to you online. We’re always here to support you.

Best wishes,

Chiara

Hi I’ve had one in for a week…the sloshing about noise is weird… didn’t know you could have them in that long… what does your consultant say? Xx