Anyone not have a pre-op?

I can feel the anxiety getting worse, I am worrying as I didn’t have a pre-op appointment as such. I had a nurse appointment to take bloods, so a couple of minutes and out. The letter said it was for a pre-op to check me before the operation which is on Monday 22nd at 7am. So not having a pre-op it seems. I filled in an online form with lots of details a few weeks ago, so maybe with Covid that is all they use now? I did try the nurse number I was given, but it just kept going to message. Anyone else had this where they don’t get to see anyone before the operation? I have Grade 2 Ductal Carcinoma.

Hello

I did have a pre-op “assessment” before my operation in July where blood was taken along with my BP, after that it was just a series of questions, so I shouldn’t be overly concerned that they would have done anything more at a formal appointment. 
When I went for my surgery it was the first time in over 20 years since I’d been in hospital. Once you are admitted, all your vital signs will be checked and again you will be asked lots of questions. Whilst you will be admitted at 7am your operation could happen at any point in the day. I knew that I would be “last on the list” due to being a potential COVID risk (I returned a positive test as I had it 5 weeks before and you can still test positive 90 days after having it). 
Prior to your operation your surgeon will come and see you as should the anaesthetist (unfortunately due to COVID my anaesthetist wasn’t able to visit me on the ward as she was too busy, however when I did see her she explained that because I’d had COVID less than 7 weeks before I had to give a special consent and could have asked to come back 2 weeks later but I chose to go ahead)

Good luck on Monday, it is an extremely anxious time for you, but try not to get too worried: all the hospital staff will be wonderful 

AM xxx