cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloody dressings?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bloody dressings?

Hi Jukebox

I had a mastectomy too but, according to my husband who was the only one of us conscious, the nurse had to change my dressing before I even woke up. I was discharged the same day, at my request, and remember having a shower that left me with a most unpleasant brown mess for over a week.

Like Evie has said, your breast care nurse will have the solution. It may be that, rather than going back to the hospital, they get a community nurse to visit and change your dressing.

Hope you get it sorted. Remember to say it’s urgent if you are leaving a message, otherwise it may be a few days before they can get back to you. 

Community Champion

Re: Bloody dressings?

Hi jukebox - I had a mastectomy so probably can’t answer your question, but I didn’t want to read and not comment. I would suggest you give your BCN a quick call and check with her - or the nurses on here, it’s always best to be over cautious. My best wishes to you as you recover. Evie xx

Bloody dressings?

Had my lumpectomy yesterday and woke up this morning to bloody dressings on the two wounds- underarm pretty soaked but not through to my clothes. All the brochures don’t really mention this so I’m presuming this is ok or do I need to get them changed? Currently I’m expecting to keep them on for two weeks? Thanks xxx