Bra suggestions after double mastectomy and tummy DIEP reconstruction.

Hi

i’ll be having a double mastectomy with immediate DIEP on 14th January.  I was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer in April. I had therapeutic mammoplasties in May at a different hospital and a re-excision on the right but more cancer cells found.  I’ve now completed 5 months of chemo and getting ready for more surgery. My previous hospital supplied a post op bra which was paid for and fitted by someone from a charity,  I now have to purchase one for this surgery but I’ve been told it needs to be back fastening and more of a sports bra than a post-surgery bra.  Has anyone had this op and if so where did you get your bras from?  The hospital have suggested the usual M&S, John Lewis etc… but have also told me not to get anything expensive to start with as they will cut holes in it to check the wounds!

Any ideas gratefully accepted.  Also any experiences of the op and recovery.  I also be needing control pants  but that’s another matter!

Clare

Hi, 

Had one breast reconstructed.  Was very surprised when I was advised to buy nursing bras!  Idea was that they could be opened when I was being checked without waking me.  Got 2 soft cupped ones from M&S!

Good luck with the surgery!

Milky Mop I Bought some of the Primark support parts- what a bargain! Thanks for the tip. X