Breast reconstruction

Hi everyone I had a mastectomy and axillary node clearance in September 19, then underwent chemo and radiotherapy. I now have my appointment with a Plastic Surgeon for a breast reconstruction and wanted to hear from ladies that have had this already. What questions should I ask, what should I expect, what complications have you experienced, what do I need to know? Thanks

Hi Salam

I hope your meeting with the surgeon goes well.

I found this page about reconstruction that may be useful for you

breastcancernow.org/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/living-beyond-breast-cancer/breast-reconstruction

Best wishes

Bernard

Hi Salam.

I had breast reconstruction last year. I chose to have the diep flap. I did a lot of research before speaking to my plastic surgeon and he agreed that it was the best one for me. I even watched the operation being done on YouTube so that I had an idea of what to expect.
I asked about recovery and what it would entail. The worse thing for me was having to wear compression corset around my stomach for weeks after the operation. 
You will need to take special bras to wear after surgery and wear a bra 24 hours a day for a while.
plan to be off work for quite a while and not being able to drive for a couple of weeks.
I went home with drains but not for long. Had a follow up every week to begin with.

You will have your own nurse that you can contact if you have any concerns once you are home.

I am now waiting for my nipple tattoo,  it this has been delayed. 

If you want any other info, please get back to me.