Due surgery but have chesty cold!

Hi,

I’ve got a mastectomy and 4 x  lymph nodes removed  on 15th Jan-my 2nd op as lumpectomy on 10th Dec was unsuccessful in removing the cancer. 
‘I’ve been stressing that covid might cause postponement of my op but Macmillan nurse has assured me that shouldn’t be the case. Now I’ve developed a chesty cold! Don’t think it’s a chest infection and got a GP phone appt booked for Friday. Really worried that if it’s delayed the cancer will spread-not sure how quickly that happens -it’s grade 2. 
Do they only cancel if it’s an infection? Anyone else had experience of this?
xxx

Hi Titch53 - I’m sorry you’ve got a cold but with luck your cold will be gone by the date of your surgery. Why don’t you give the nurses on here a quick call to get some advice/reassurance? I had the worst cold/chest infection when I started chemo - and that still went ahead. Sending hugs and get well wishes, Evie xx

Hi Titch

I agree with what advice Evie has given you. I think they make a decision on the day? As when I went in for my lumpectomy I had a mild temperature with no other symptoms. They decided to still proceed with my operation. I hope everything goes well for you 2nd time around. Michele x

Hi Titch53, 

You have a little way yet before surgery, so hopefully your chesty cough will have cleared up. 

On the day, if you feel it is still present, let the anaesthetist know. They will examine you and listen to your chest and make a decision. But fingers crossed, it will all be gone by then. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Take care X 

Hello,

Just a little note to say I hope you are feeling better and that your surgery will be able to go ahead as planned next week. I had the same surgery in November but with implant reconstruction too. Sending you many get well wishes and positive vibes.

xx

Hi Titch 

How are you doing? I do hope your chest is a bit (lots) clearer today. 

Gel x