x

claud272

Re: Feeling extremely nervous

@Jaynie23 

How you doing?

C x

m123

@Jaynie23the pulling sensation sounds like cording. If you use the search function you'll find lots of stories about it. It's an odd feeling but it's ok to stretch through it.

Jaynie23

Glad you are healing okay and yes I have the same uncomfortable feeling under my arm.  Feels like I have something there. I hope it goes away but nurse said I might not!   I am sorry about hearing one of your nodes might be affected will keep everything crossed that results come back show it isn’t.  I am doing the exercises but some days I forget to do them 3 times a day.  I seem to be able to put my arm right up but I do feel a pulling sensation so am being careful.   Yes I am sort of coming to terms with things but like you I am having my moments.  Is definitely hard.   I just wish I don’t have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks for final results.  What is the next step for you? 

Jaynie x

claud272

Hi @Jaynie23 

Had post op appointment yday....Wonder if my underarm will ever be the same again. I guess it's got to do with the nodes taken out maybe? The surgeon seem the think it's all looking OK...and dressing taken off now. Feel I am getting a bit better accepting the new me although teary from time to time. They've said maybe one of the nodes is impacted, which is why I feel fear of metastasis is very real.

However this isn't confirmed and they are testing further. Surgeon said this doesn't change the initial treatment plan off the biopsy....had a bit of wishful thinking that it may be something better but it wasn't sadly. The op and healing is where it should be ...I think swelling gone down quite a but but the bruising still there.

So next week maybe a small cyst removal on the left side. And i was encouraged to do physio. I am glad the dressing is off as i think the sticky pads making me itch a lot lately. Now can properly wash and not worry. 

I think not sleeping in the night is prob coz I am sleeping in the day a bit more. 

How you coming to terms with it all post op? Exercising as you should? It's a bit of a struggle for me reaching over my head, have to say. 

C x

Jaynie23

Yes am starting to feel better in myself but still have soreness and puffiness under arm like you.  No I don’t have pathology results yet as she said the lump was bigger than 3 cm has to be tested.   Won’t know until about 2 to 3 weeks time. Did you have your follow up today and any results? xx  

claud272

@Jaynie23 good the hear from you. Amazing result your op was successful and nodes clear! It must give you some comfort?

While the waiting game is not nice, I hope this is a good time for you to rest and recharge! 

How you feeling post op? I still feel some sloshing but things are 'waking up' now, feeling different sensations. I am not sure whether my underarm would stop feeling numb?

So during your meeting were you told pathology report?

C x 

Jaynie23

Well, my breast surgeon phoned me today instead of me going there tomorrow as she has been called away.   She confirmed that the lymph nodes are clear but as the cancerous lump is more than 3 cms she has to send it away somewhere for testing, she thinks I wont need chemo but can’t actually confirm this until the results come back and I will then see an Oncologist in about 2 to 3 weeks time who will let me know…. So am doing the waiting game again! 😰.  I will need hormone suppressants but wont be until after I see Oncologist as if chemo is needed that would have to come first.   I did see nurse today and she said wound is healing well.

Good luck for tomorrow let me know how you get on

Jaynie x

Jaynie23

Well, my breast surgeon phoned me today instead of me going there tomorrow as she has been called away.   She confirmed that the lymph nodes are clear but as the cancerous lump is more than 3 cms she has to send it away somewhere for testing, she thinks I wont need chemo but can’t actually confirm this until the results come back and I will then see an Oncologist in about 2 to 3 weeks time who will let me know…. So am doing the waiting game again! 😰.  I will need hormone suppressants but wont be until after I see Oncologist as if chemo is needed that would have to come first.   I did see nurse today and she said wound is healing well.

Jaynie x

delly

@Jaynie23 - Good, am really pleased to hear that. xXx

Jaynie23

Thanks.  Glad you are okay now.   Yes most of the queasiness has gone only slightly there every so often 

delly

@Jaynie23 - Has your nausea subsided now ? Sorry you're feeling sore, lovey. Hope that soon eases for you.

@claud272  - 1st only a 1cm lump, but Grade 3. 2nd a different primary. Both oestrogen positive, but can't remember much else ref types. I pretty much zoned out with the second, to be honest, it being so soon after the 1st. With both, was offered options of lumpectomy with radiotherapy, or masts with full node clearance, so chose the latter and basically get rid.  No didn't have chemo with either, so didn't have to go through the lengthy treatments and many side effects of. But treatment regimes were a lot different then, and just months before Sentinel Node Biopsy was accepted in this country, otherwise I may have kept some nodes.  

I only joined the Forum 2014, to discuss reconstruction and to support other women. Didn't know about it during my treatments, but soo wished I had. I feel lucky and very conscious of what other women have to bear with treatments, radiotherapy, and chemo etc.  

Hoping for good results for you both on Friday.  Delly x❤️

Jaynie23

Yes the waiting is hard and am apprehensive about Friday…. Good luck with yours and let us know how you get on.   Does sound like you are feeling the same,  I am still quite sore though.

claud272

@Jaynie23 

I think we're experiencing the same. I feel some sloshing on inside which hopefully will settle itself. I just need someone to tell me they got everything out! This waiting is hard isn't it? I feel what you feel!...got a low day yesterday but today I decided differently. I feel it a bit itchy too so hope it's all healing as it should. I am concentrating on nourishment right now. 

@delly did you have to have chemo? What was your diagnosis if you don't mind me asking? I wonder how life is after all these appointments! It's amazing you're still here to support us lot...gives us plenty of hope and a bright future as you're a great example!! Xxx

Jaynie23

Thank you lets hope we both get good results.

delly

Hi @Jaynie23  How is your nausea now? Has it subsided? I hope so for you. They'll no doubt be having a good look at your wound on Friday won't they and chance to discuss the tightness and swelling you're experiencing. Whether they feel it's likely to reabsorb and reduce on its own, or a seroma that may require draining.

Hi @claud272  Good for you, braving your scars with your partner. Both mine were a while ago now, Claud, 2006 and 07, both dealt with by surgery only - masts and full node clearance. I'm fine, thank you for asking.

Hope you both go on okay on Friday, and that you both have favourable results.

Lots of love,  Delly  

Jaynie23

Hi yes I am doing okay I think.   My wound is still very sore although I am not taking paracetamol very often but think I have some build up of fluid under my arm which is uncomfortable and the wound feels very tight.   I can’t seem to get the steri strips  off as they are stuck fast!  Glad you are doing well.  I too drove yesterday for the first time.   And I have all results on Friday which I am feeling apprehensive about 

take care

Jaynie

claud272

@Jaynie23 - hey you...how are you post op? I also have next results meeting on 19th Friday. Will know more then what next .

The wound healing ok. I am having quite good movements and pain manageable. I have come off paracetomol and take them on  rare occasion if needed. I can sleep on my op side now ...so pleased as I sleep on the side. Started driving yesterday too. Everything is waking up and feels tingles, though still numb under arm. 

Hope u are doing OK? Are u waiting on next meeting too like me.

@delly - Hiya, despite physically doing well mentally and emotionally still reeling a bit ..had a down dooms day yesterday and decided to do Christmas food shopping! I don't know what the plans are for treatment but one still need to eat and feed family. Gathered some guts up to confront the bandage both me and partner. He says I looks a good job. No one has told me how successful the op went!! My call with BCN told me the pathology report comes back Wed, MDT meeting Thurs  then I see Surgeon Friday. Waiting is always horrible and your mind is dragged thru the gutter. But must think positive!!! In the meantime, I will make more effort to eat sleep and exercise right!!

How are you and where are you at in this journey Delly? Sorry my brain is not great remembering these days

C x

delly

Oooo @claud272  - Have just switched on (that's "me" as well as the laptop!!😆) and received your beautiful flowers!

Corrr THANK YOU! How lovely and kind of you. Me "cute" and "lush"?? - ha ha. But I'll gladly take the compliments though. Thanks for those too 🤗

I sooo hope all goes well for you tomorrow, dear girl. We'll be thinking of you. Do let us know how you're doing, when you feel up to it.

Lots of love to you ALL,  Delly  X❤️X  

claud272

Love how upbeat you are ...Chuffed with your Delly-very lol you're the cutest person I know (well virtually know!) I am sending your special bunch as you are just lush! Have a nice day

Op tomorrow for me...big day!!

20211030_175327.jpg

delly

Hi girls

I'm out delivering flowers on this lovely Forum this morning, to all the threads I subscribe to. Courtesy of "Delly-veroo"! 😊 ❤️ Thought they might cheer us up. 

I'd cover the whole if I could, but perhaps you could forward them on to your other threads.

Lots of love to you all,  Delly x❤️x

delly_2-1636285751251.jpeg

delly

Hi again @Jaynie23  - Yeh, I so got you on that, sweetheart. Having to "wait" on all these results is so hard, isn't it. You keep feeling in "limbo land". until the next ones come through. My fingers are tightly crossed🤞❤️🤞  for favourable ones for you.  xXx 

delly

Hi @claud272 - Thanks, darlin. I'm still good from both masts and ANC's 2006 and 07. Yes, there's always a risk of recurrence for "any" of us, however many years "clear, but I no longer "worry" about it. Think it very much comes down to "time" to overcome the longer term mental after effects. I now have a "if it happens it happens" attitude. But then, I never had partner and kids/dependents to think about. That must make a huge difference to how a lot of women feel after.

Ref painkillers - you'll be advised. Most kinds suggest no more than every 4 hrs. I'm with Jaynie on Codeine - makes me zomby headed and always badly bungs me up!! But isn't the same for everyone. I would say I took Para's regularly only for a week afterwards.  Then as and when I felt needed following that, to enable me to carry out the exercises and sleep comfortably. But again, you're body will tell you.

Claud - One of the "Good" things that came out of my "bad" experiences of being thrown into BC twice (it's often said there's always something good from bad?), was that I became a more "compassionate" person. Especially towards any other women having to go through BC.

Enjoy your bonfire night. I was just gonna say, I've haven't yet heard any booms or rocket wooshes/fizzes yet, but they're just beginning! 😆

Again, I wish you well with your op next week. Sounds like you have a good and very caring surgeon, which must feel very reassuring. Let us know how you go on, if/when you're up to it, will you.

Lots of love,  Delly  xXx

Jaynie23

Thanks.   Have still got to wait for results of what they took away which will be in 2 weeks time 

claud272

@delly 

Hi dear...you are so amazing to share your experience with us all. Will definitely top up paracetamol how long for and when did you stop? I don't want to depend on them.

Exercise I find does help so much with anxiety generally. Like many women here I am such a newbie and get scared about everything. Lol

Tonight I will try to enjoy bonfire night with my family...never take anything for granted certainly...

You don't know how much your assurances have given peace and calm to those who are going on this path for surgery. Where are you on this journey now Delly?

Thank you

C x

claud272

@Jaynie23 

It's lovely to hear from you. Congrats on your successful op. 👏 I hope your discomfort will soon pass and you are back on your feet in no time! Thanks goodness Nodes clear. I am sure you feel relieved, now onwards and upwards

C x

Jaynie23

Is a little less today I think

Jayni 

delly

Sorry @Jaynie23 

I forgot to ask you - is the warm and slightly puffiness to your upper arm subsiding? xXx

Jaynie23

Am taking paracetamol and ibuprofen in the morning and at bedtime and the 2 doses in between just paracetamol.    Don’t like codeine as makes me feel yucky. 

Jaynie

delly

Hi @Jaynie23  - Good to hear from you, that you're doing well, albeit sore.  That's great news on your clear nodes -  "No Nodes News is Good News"!! Am so pleased for you. I'm not a lover of taking tablets, you may be the same. But I was very strict with myself after both my ops, to keep the painkiller levels up through the day, to keep yourself comfey. Don't forget, espesh before you go to bed, so you're not being woken up with any twinges from awkward movements. Decent sleep is so important for your recovery.

Hi @claud272  - Hope all goes well for you next Tuesday. How lovely of your surgeon to give you some strict straight talking but very helpful advice. 

Lots of love,  Delly  xXx

Jaynie23

Yes have had op and now very pleased that part is over.  Am very sore but that is to be expected.   My lymph nodes were clear which is a relief my follow up is on 19th for rest of results and see what is next    Hope your op goes well. Let us know how you get on

jaynie

claud272

Just hopping on this thread. I am having mastectomy next Tuesday too. Feeling OK right now as I have been told off by surgeon to not feel scared, she is right to put me straight and said better focus all your energy on positives to facilitate your healing - will take that advice!!!

I am hoping your op went OK @Jaynie23 

We are here to comfort if u wish but I know you will have been so brave now post op.

C x

delly

Hi @Jaynie23 

Just thinking bout you. Hope all goes well for you today and that you're comfortable after your op.

Lots of love Dellywelly  xXx 

delly

Hi Sculptor1 - Thanks for your hug to my post on here 🤗 Much appreciated.

I hope you too are doing well, sweetheart,  Delly  xXx

Jaynie23

Thank you very much.  Yes of course I will let you know how it goes.   I hope I too don’t have to be on the strong painkillers as I hate the groggy feeling and they do that to me as well also don’t like being ‘bunged up’ so hope I can manage on paracetamol very soon after.  

Jaynie

delly

@Jaynie23  - Good Morning dear lady and fellow Forum clubber.

I soo remember that fear and anxiety building up before my 1st mast and full ANC (2006). Did NOT sleep the night before, which actually helped, because I felt so cream crackered when they wheeled me down to surgery, that I was more than happy to just place myself in the competent hands of anaesthetists and the surgeon, and just let it all happen.

I don't know if all anaesthetists are the same, but whenever I've had ops (both boobs and a couple on a knee), they've always been so lovely, calming and reassuring. Told me to count down from ?? Before I knew it, I'd zonked into a wonderful deep sleep. Then waking up in warm blankets, comfy and starving hungry because of not being able to eat a while before, and being fed tea and toast. Best I've ever tasted.

I was amazed how "easy" it all was after all the anxious build up to it. Didn't feel like I'd just had a major op. They'll likely keep you on strong painkillers a couple of days, after which I was quite happy on regular Paracetamols, as strong painkillers tend to make me more fuzzy headed than I normally am 😊 and seriously "bung up" my system. 

Afterwards, I would stress to keep, whatever your preferred painkillers be, topped up every 4 hrs. And especially before you go to bed, even if you aren't in pain at the time, because any awkward movement in your sleep can feel uncomfortable in the early days and wake you up.

Oh, and the other tip - do your exercises religiously, and as often as possible. You're likely to not have much else to do, so why not. As long as they aren't pulling too much on your wound area. You'll be amazed at how quickly you get your full range of movement back. Plus it helps prevent "cording" happening, where the tissues can tighten up, feel uncomfortable and restrict the movement.

I so wish you well with it tomorrow, Jaynie. I'll be thinking of you, and I'm sure others will be joining you on here and will be too, along with others from your other posts as well. We'll all be in your pocket and gunning for you gal.

Let us know how you are when you feel up to it, will you. 

Lots of love and speedy healing wishes to you,  Delly  xXx      

Jaynie23

Feeling extremely nervous

I am due to have my mastectomy on Wednesday (3rd Nov) after a 6 week wait.   I am feeling very anxious and scared.   I know this is all normal but is good to be able to say on here as many have/are going through the same thing. .  As yet all I know is that I will have to be one hormone suppressant tablets after for approx 5 years….. dont know about chemo/radiotherapy.

Jannie