Foods after Surgery

Normally don’t feel like food after the anaesthetic, what was your favourite things to eat first few days after surgery?

Grateful for any experieces, what took that awful taste smell away after anaesthetic?

I just found this link, looks like I will have to try for some preprepared veg.  Hope this link is ok to post:

verywellhealth.com/what-to-eat-during-your-recovery-after-surgery-3156923

Hi Astra,

Not sure about what I felt like eating but having a protein rich diet seemed to aid good rapid healing.

I hope your recovery goes welll.

x Seabreeze

When I had my first op last year there was a whole gang of us ‘waiting to go down’ and we got together to chat to while away the time.

Of course, by 1pm we were all starving having eaten nothing since midnight,  and our talk turned to what we would eat that night when we got home(bad move, but the sarnis were coming out by then for the lucky early cases) : Bacon and Egg, Macdonalds, Fish and Chips were the common thoughts.

A little of what you fancy does you good as they say, but apparently there was actually a good scientific reason for our choices - it seems that when you are really hungry, your body craves high fat food.

My hospital ham sandwich at 7 that night (guess who was last down to theatre?) was fantastic!

I craved porridge the evening after my surgery!

Made with soya milk with added flaked almonds and blackcurrants.

Lots of smoothies in the following days. And Golden Mylk, which is delicious and contains healing turmeric.