Had lumpectomy on friday

I know it’s really early days (only had my lumpectomy on Friday 13th) but boob is absolutely fine, it’s where they’ve obviously gone in to take lymph nodes that causing the most discomfort. 
thinking/ hoping that this is absolutely normal? 

Was the same for me, yup. Found out afterwards they’d ‘really had to dig about’ for a lymph node, so no wonder!! Also it’ll be restricting your arm movements, and you do want to move your arm for stuff, as opposed to the boob just urm… Sitting where it is?

Hi

I had lumpectomy and full lymph removal on the 13th July.

4 months on am doing ok - my boob is actually bigger than the good boob but I am still swollen from radiotherapy and told that’s normal but I am also very small so a swollen boob is quite obvious.

I had cording and still some odd numbness and have got lyymphodema but it’s all manageable I promise so have added massage to my daily stretching.

My key advice would be to ensure you do the exercises 3 times a day if you can - they aren’t easy to start with but as you progress and they become easier, it is a really positive feeling.

Good luck.

Are you both having radiotherapy too?

LouJP

x

Hi , I had lumpectomy in Feb this year and had exactly the same problem ! Doc said that they had to ‘dig’ a bit to find lymph nodes and my nerve could have been a bit damaged ! But that it would subside which it has Hope things improve for you and important that you keep up your post surgery excerices as they helped me x